The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

'new And Improved' Penbbs 355

penbbs 355 bulkfiller chinese fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheVintagelife

TheVintagelife

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 May 2020 - 11:11

Hi, I just noticed on Beini's etsy site that there is a 'new and improved; version of the 355 bulk-filler in some colorways. Anybody have an idea about what is different and what issue it addresses? I held back from the original bulkfiller due to mixed reviews on ease of use and opted instead for several of 456s and 500s and now a 492 as well (all brilliant). Might pick up one this time. 

https://www.etsy.com...ion_id=25398175

Also to those who have a 355 - is it very difficult ascertain whether one got a good fill if one has a opaque resin body? - for example, I thought an opaque body will be less than ideal in a 500 due to the new system; but I took the chance on an autumn and it has not been a problem.

Edited by TheVintagelife, 02 May 2020 - 11:12.

Sponsored Content

#2 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:24

Looks like it has a closer locking mechanism for the piston rod to the conid bulkfiller than it had before, where it snapped into place.

The problem with the old one was that it was sometimes hard to unscrew the rod from the piston once retracted, as the piston was snapped into the back but could still rotate a bit if it was tight.

This looks to alleviate that.

As for filling, there's no vacuum or anything. As long as the section stays submerged in the ink, you'll get an absurdly large fill with a single draw. No guesswork.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penbbs, 355, bulkfiller, chinese, fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|