Former Us President (Donald Trump) Pen

giacomodelbianco

Amazing Trump loves Cross ..maybe He does not know that it is a Chinese brand today.. :lticaptd:

Cross is a US company. It's not a Chinese brand. Many products by US companies are made in China - Apple for example.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenHero

• adamselene

• dhanks

• giacomodelbianco

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks!

Please keep politics out of the conversation.

Thanks!

This pen itself is political. By allowing the original posting, you are allowing politics into the forum. The original posting should be removed. If not, comments are appropriate.

Rumpole

This pen itself is political. By allowing the original posting, you are allowing politics into the forum. The original posting should be removed. If not, comments are appropriate.

Rumpole

Please re-read the original post:

"I was looking at the pen used by Donald Trump for signing the executive orders (I have attached a picture). I know it is a Cross Townsend black but I noticed it is not a pen, it is most a black marker. Looking on the Cross official site I didn't find any Townsend Cross Marker model, only Roller (that was the one of the former Barack Obama), ballpoint and fountain pen. Is it pheraps a special model not available on the market?"

The question is not political.

Please re-read the original post:

"I was looking at the pen used by Donald Trump for signing the executive orders (I have attached a picture). I know it is a Cross Townsend black but I noticed it is not a pen, it is most a black marker. Looking on the Cross official site I didn't find any Townsend Cross Marker model, only Roller (that was the one of the former Barack Obama), ballpoint and fountain pen. Is it pheraps a special model not available on the market?"

The question is not political.

Okay, fair enough. I see your point.

But if it were political, I'd have a lot to say!

Rumpole

Edited by dhanks

I am pretty sure that Trump began using a Cross pen as did Obama and Bush before him did but he then switched to the Sharpie. Sharpie makes a special version one for him and has his name on it.

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

Amazing Trump loves Cross

I don't think any US president necessarily "loves" Cross at all. It's the default pen brand that's been institutionalised for the uses of the Executive and Legislature in that country. Aren't all Bills written with specially commissioned Cross pens? It seems to always be that brand. It's like Allen Edmonds being the "official" shoemaker of the US presidency; pretty sure every president had access to, and probably preferred, much better shoes in their time in office but it's an "American brand" (that makes most of it's shoes in the DR btw). Alden would've been a better bet but there you go. To each their own.

As for the pen in question from the OP: I find it rather intriguing. Such a thick line from such an innocuous looking pen. Capped up and you wouldn't think it was anything but the typcial thin Cross ballpoint.

Most of Allen Edmond's boat shoes and comfort dress shoes are made in the Dominican Republic. I believe most of their shoes are still made in Port Washington.

I bought a pair of "Factory Seconds" for under $100.00 that were made in Port Washington.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just now check the Cross website, and didn’t find any selections rollerball gel refills, as their list is out of stock. One time I’m pretty sure that at one point I was able to get them brought. I’ll have to look through my boxes of excess refills, when I’m in the archaeological frame of mind again.

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness