The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Actual Us President (Donald Trump) Pen

us presidential pen cross townsend

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,971 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2020 - 16:08

Amazing Trump loves Cross ..maybe He does not know that it is a Chinese brand today.. :lticaptd:

Cross is a US company.  It's not a Chinese brand.  Many products by US companies are made in China - Apple for example.

Sponsored Content

#22 dhanks

dhanks

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:56

Hi Folks!

Please keep politics out of the conversation. 

Thanks!

This pen itself is political.  By allowing the original posting, you are allowing politics into the forum.  The original posting should be removed.  If not, comments are appropriate.

Rumpole

#23 PenHero

PenHero

Sheaffer Collector

• FPN Super Moderators

• 3,971 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 12:46

This pen itself is political.  By allowing the original posting, you are allowing politics into the forum.  The original posting should be removed.  If not, comments are appropriate.

Rumpole

Please re-read the original post:  

"I was looking at the pen used by Donald Trump for signing the executive orders (I have attached a picture). I know it is a Cross Townsend black but I noticed it is not a pen, it is most a black marker. Looking on the Cross official site I didn't find any Townsend Cross Marker model, only Roller (that was the one of the former Barack Obama), ballpoint and fountain pen. Is it pheraps a special model not available on the market?"

The question is not political.  

#24 dhanks

dhanks

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 16:44

Please re-read the original post:  

"I was looking at the pen used by Donald Trump for signing the executive orders (I have attached a picture). I know it is a Cross Townsend black but I noticed it is not a pen, it is most a black marker. Looking on the Cross official site I didn't find any Townsend Cross Marker model, only Roller (that was the one of the former Barack Obama), ballpoint and fountain pen. Is it pheraps a special model not available on the market?"

The question is not political.  

Okay, fair enough.  I see your point.

But if it were political, I'd have a lot to say!

Rumpole

Edited by dhanks, 31 August 2020 - 18:15.

#25 ANM

ANM

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,926 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 22:15

I am pretty sure that Trump began using a Cross  pen as did Obama and Bush before him did but he then switched to the Sharpie.  Sharpie makes a special version one for him and has his name on it.

And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

#26 Silent Speaker

Silent Speaker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:54

Amazing Trump loves Cross

I don't think any US president necessarily "loves" Cross at all. It's the default pen brand that's been institutionalised for the uses of the Executive and Legislature in that country. Aren't all Bills written with specially commissioned Cross pens? It seems to always be that brand. It's like Allen Edmonds being the "official" shoemaker of the US presidency; pretty sure every president had access to, and probably preferred, much better shoes in their time in office but it's an "American brand" (that makes most of it's shoes in the DR btw). Alden would've been a better bet but there you go. To each their own.

As for the pen in question from the OP: I find it rather intriguing. Such a thick line from such an innocuous looking pen. Capped up and you wouldn't think it was anything but the typcial thin Cross ballpoint.

#27 AL01

AL01

Eh?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 September 2020 - 14:57

Most of Allen Edmond's boat shoes and comfort dress shoes are made in the Dominican Republic. I believe most of their shoes are still made in Port Washington.

I bought a pair of "Factory Seconds" for under $100.00 that were made in Port Washington.

#28 PensandPencilsDotNet

PensandPencilsDotNet

Mint

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2020 - 17:08

As you can see in this video, its a Century II Custom Made Pen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: us presidential pen, cross, townsend

Sponsored Content

|