The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc Starwalker Cool Blue Year Of Release

montblanc starwalker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:09

I am attempting to catalogue most of my pen collection and am hoping someone can tell me what year the Montblanc Starwalker Cool Blue FP was released? 

I bought mine when it was first available in Australia. I know it's been a while, but have no idea when I purchased it. It's pretty much my favourite pen and has been in constant use since I bought it. Since the beginning, I've used it with a Faber-Castell  converter. (Apologies for the quality of the images, the windows in my house are all tinted and it's a dark, rainy day.)

fpn_1588140306__starwalker_cool_blue_1.p

fpn_1588140437__starwalker_cool_blue_2.p

Sponsored Content

#2 Mulrich

Mulrich

Modern Vintage

• Member - Gold

• 1,709 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 22:48

I think it was released in 2007. My dad has used the RB version of the pen for a long time and I bought the FP for my own collection a couple years ago in his honor. He also gave me a regular edition BP Starwalker many years ago that was my most used pen until I started into fountain pens. This BP is still probably my most used pen of all time, even though I haven't used it in 5+ years. 

#3 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,508 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:03

I think it was released in 2007. My dad has used the RB version of the pen for a long time and I bought the FP for my own collection a couple years ago in his honor. He also gave me a regular edition BP Starwalker many years ago that was my most used pen until I started into fountain pens. This BP is still probably my most used pen of all time, even though I haven't used it in 5+ years. 

Thanks Mulrich, what you’re saying fits with my recollection. I’d guessed I bought it in July 2007 as I bought it as a gift to myself after my business had a particularly successful year (our financial year ends on 30 June),  and I was sure it was before the Global Financial Crisis in 2008. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc starwalker

Sponsored Content

|