The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Optik Archival?

optik archival acidfree

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pararis

pararis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 20:01

I'm trying to get an answer. So far, I'm getting conflicting one.

I like the Optik paper in Black N' Red notebooks, and I'd like to use it for something of historical significance. It's not going to work if 50 years from now the paper is faded and crumbling. If the paper is "acid free" and "archival," then it's useful to me.

So far, no official site for the Optik paper makes any claim at all. A forum post here from eight years ago reported that on Facebook some official from the company said it is archival. But I'm getting no genuine, reliable, definitive information about this.

The paper is made by Hamelin, a French company.

Anyone know or have ideas about its archival qualities?

Sponsored Content

#2 Tweel

Tweel

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 08:58

So far, no official site for the Optik paper makes any claim at all.

I think I'd take that as the answer.

Edited by Tweel, 27 April 2020 - 08:59.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: optik, archival, acidfree

Sponsored Content

|