The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visual Dissonance Created By A Bumbling Pen Maker

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jj9ball

jj9ball

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2020 - 15:06

One of my favorite things about casting and then creating a fountain pen is the color.  You get to decide how the color is blended when you cast.  When it comes to making the pen you can decide how the colors fit together.  It was with all this in mind that this pen was created.  I mixed red and purple together to make the main parts of the pen.  Then I cast the 2 colors by themselves to use for highlight parts on the pen.  Then came the fun part.  I had to decide  how to mix the parts together and not make a disjointed mess.  You can be the judge here.  I used red for section and cap finial and the purple for the body finial.  I do have some of the material left and am thinking I may make an "alternate universe" version of this pen where I use purple for the body and red for the cap and make the finials and section from the mixed color.... I don't know.  Anywho, you guys be the judge.  Is it a mess or did it work?  

The pen is available at http://www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Also my special order queue is open and I have immediate availability for anything you may have in mind!  Send me a message and we can get started.

fpn_1587913111__img_0021.jpg

fpn_1587913146__img_0022.jpg

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Sponsored Content

#2 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,758 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2020 - 15:28

Pretty! Nice combination of colors!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,022 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2020 - 00:08

Other than the fact that the color mix in the cap doesn't seem to quite match that on the barrel (which I presume comes from the different diameters)?  I think that the mix of colors for the cap and body finials is a nice touch.  

I like the red and purple together, especially on how they blend on the barrel (on the cap the colors seem more blotchy).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: Honestly, jj9ball, I didn't even notice the different finials until you brought them to peoples' attention.

Edited by inkstainedruth, 27 April 2020 - 00:10.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 Herrjaeger

Herrjaeger

Carrau

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2020 - 00:14

I like the red and purple together

Ah, Ruth, I see membership in the Red Hat Society in your future!
https://www.redhatsociety.com/

Sponsored Content

|