The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Two Different Parker 45 Yellow Colors

parker 45 yellow

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 donnweinberg

donnweinberg

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2020 - 00:53

The day after I purchased the six Argentine 45s, the seller informed me that nothing is shipping right now from there to the U.S.  So, he'll ship when he can, or I'll get refunded if I can't wait.  Same situation in Germany; nothing going to the U.S. for now.  

Edited by donnweinberg, 10 May 2020 - 00:53.

Sponsored Content

#42 joss

joss

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 May 2020 - 08:23

Joss,

The back of the blister packs are totally blank.

The more 45s I see from Argentina, the more little variations I see. All of the strange 45s I have are from there. I can only guess that Parker kept loose reigns on that factory and chose to let them run things a little different.

An extra difficulty is that pen parts made by the Argentina Parker subsidiary have been mixed with the 'fantasy Parker' barrels that were made by Kullock after closing down of the Argentina factory.

Your blister packs at least show that these pens are genuine Parker items.

I also wonder whether we should catalog these Argentina made Parker "Beta" pens as Parker 45 ballpoints or rather as 'belonging to the Parker 45 family'.

#43 cabbie

cabbie

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:10

Joss,

I don't see these Betas as "Classic" 45s. I lump then into another category that only 45 collectors would find interesting to 45 history. That group includes Ariel Kullocks, Hero 800s, Moonman 80s, Wilson Coronets, etc. None of these are "Classic" 45s but their existence make 45 collecting more exciting.

fpn_1543178351__apc_logo_bw_square-02__7

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, 45, yellow

Sponsored Content

|