The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Few Year Twsbi Eco Retrospective Review

twsbi eco review

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 April 2020 - 17:31

So today I got to my dusty now pen holder and took out 3 Twsbi ECOs which were sitting there unused for around 2 years half-inked. They did not dry! To my surprise they even wrote from first nib touch to the paper, amazing!

The inks were quite decent quality as well, Iroshizuku Kon Peki, Sailor Yama-Dori and Souten, so that may have been a factor too, colours however did come out much darker than normally attributing for some H2O loss.

Sponsored Content

#2 jchch1950

jchch1950

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:26

What is the humidity and temperature of the room where you keep your pen holder? The fact that the pens were not used in aprox 2 years reflects the tide tolerance of their construction.  :)

#3 eciton

eciton

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 April 2020 - 19:00

This is one of my favourite properties of the Eco. They NEVER dry out. Utterly marvellous. And so easy to clean out!

Anthony

ukfountainpens.com

#4 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2020 - 16:47

What is the humidity and temperature of the room where you keep your pen holder? The fact that the pens were not used in aprox 2 years reflects the tide tolerance of their construction.  :)

I can actually answer that, they're kept in my studio that doubles as a office and maintains almost constant 50% humidity and temperature would fluctuate between 10 and 20 degrees depending on the season and time of the day :D

#5 FordPrefect

FordPrefect

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2020 - 16:50

This is one of my favourite properties of the Eco. They NEVER dry out. Utterly marvellous. And so easy to clean out!

Yep, they truly are, it did take about 20 mins to deal with all three and assembly will take probably slightly more as you have to align piston thread :)
Still, almost the best bang for a buck factor in low-middle shelf area :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, eco, review

Sponsored Content

|