Jinhao X750

I was wondering if the marriage of a 14 Karat German nib & Chinese pen is worth doing.

Do you need to work on either brand of nib as the are supplied?

I have a shoal of X450 already.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mke

• Dip n Scratch

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Distinguish from what? From the newly ordered red one? IMO, they look very different on the photos.

Yes, it is the Red Lava.

Anyway, it looks different on my photos - which is near to the reality - just re-confirmed - from the Ebay photos. They might have changed the design, I don't know. Otherwise, the Chinese sellers are using Photoshop extensively.

I have several doubles because I thought a pen presented in very flowery words and new photos would be a new model. When it arrived, it was the same old story.

If any one has the RedLava and it looks REALLY like the one below, please drop me a message. I might need to order one then.

Ebay photo

fpn_1588997358__redlava.png

I would say mine looks very similar to that. Ill try and post a couple of pics from the computer shortly, my wife has more productive ideas for this morning. Got mine from GuoFeng12345678 on eBay.

> 14 Karat German nib & Chinese pen

Why not, you get the same quality as in much more expensive pens.

You don't like Jowo steel nibs?

I have a JoWo gold plated steel nib in a Ranga. It was my first JoWo nib.

I wondered whether the JoWo nibs are as easy to break out of the units as a Bock nib is. If a gold nib is softer you should be very careful with it.

I took the Bock Ti cursive italic out of the matte black X750, re-installed the original nib, and gave it to a friend as their first fp. Maybe it's time to get another. Pink?

Add lightness and simplicate.

This is mine in the sun, closest I can get to studio lights they probably used for the original photos and in the shade. Had to change the nib as the original was not good...

IMG_2782 resized.jpg

IMG_2784 resized.JPG

IMG_2785 resized.JPG

Edited by death89

I just ordered two Jinhao x750s. The blue one because another person referenced the Platinum Chartres Blue to the Jinhao blue. And I got the Checkerboard version as well.

The Blue version (not marbled) needs Men’s Professional attached to the search on eBay.

Posted Image

Does anyone know the difference between the Shimmering Sands version and the Starlight Shimmer version of the x750?

Posted Image

> Shimmering Sands version

> Starlight Shimmer

Let me guess, they are the same.

For me the OE nib is too broad. This is purely my personal taste being expressed here. If it was 0.1-0.15mm finer i'd never have bought a Bock #6 nib unless I was after a EF. As it comes the pen needs a 'dry' ink. The pens come in some wonderful colours. The blue would appeal specifically because I have a motorcycle that's virtually the same shade.

> the blue one because another person referenced the Platinum Chartres Blue to the Jinhao blue.

You will not be disappointed. The blue is bright blue. Mine has just arrived - after taking nearly two months from China to Japan.

fpn_1591007039__img_20200601_191657-crop

> For me the OE nib is too broad.

So, easy - swap it for a Jowo #6F and you will be happy.

Here @Misfit - a preview:

fpn_1591010289__img_20200601_200925-both

Edited by mke

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you @mke for the preview. Attractive pair!

Thank you also for guessing Shimmering Sands and Starlight Shimmer are the same. It’s hard to see a difference. The Shimmering Sands needs good lighting to see the color in the shimmering sands.

Posted Image

The blue Jinhao x750 arrived today. No cushioning in the package, with a US return address.

The cap has a small dent in it. It is hard to pull off, but at the price point, its not worth the effort to return it. I doubt the dent affects the cap closure.

Its a nice shade of blue.

I was wrong. It has a bubble wrap lining, but flimsy outside. The US address might be a sticker over a sticker.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

I contacted the seller to ask for an exchange. I’m worried the chip could get larger and larger.

Posted Image

Yes, no protection of the pens in my package too - so I gave the seller a bad rating.

The seller offered me 50¢ since the pen was usable. I countered for $1 because the cap is hard to pull off. The refund was for $1.

I was so tempted to try to convey what an insult 50¢ was. But the pen was under $8. I’m considering making it a PiF if offering a pen with a dent is not a bad thing.

Posted Image

The caps of many X750 are hard to pull off.

Sometimes, you cannot open them with one hand.

I guess I got lucky with the Shimmering Sands.

But as to offering the blue one as a PiF, would that be ok?

Posted Image

I was so tempted to try to convey what an insult 50¢ was. But the pen was under $8.

In such cases — and (my wife, too, and) I have encountered a few — I would usually tell the seller, "I don't think you're negotiating in good faith. Your refund offer of $X works out to [some single-digit percentage], and is an insult to me and a waste of my time. Instead of it, I think I prefer the right to leave you a 1-star feedback and a pointedly worded review, and write off that $X; I lose more than that amount when I sneeze. After that, I'll see what next steps I can take with eBay and/or PayPal directly. Have a good day."

Typically the eBay seller becomes more conciliatory in tone after that.

Edited by A Smug Dill

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.