Jinhao X750

When I started with the pen business, ahem, hobby, I collected all designs of the Jinhao X750.

Did I miss one actually?

What I like with this pen is that I can use so many different nibs with it - I have Jowos from XXXF to stub 1.x for it. Nice, nice, nice. I even managed to get in a calligraphy Zebra G nib. It doesn't want to get out again, however.

My favorite is the leather imitation - upper row left side.

fpn_1586993670__img_20200415_175419_291-

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misfit

• mke

• Dip n Scratch

• A Smug Dill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, such great pens at a great price! I hadn't seen a few of these colors, thanks for posting.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Nice collection of lovely, reliable pens. I've managed to find ones in solid red and blue finishes similar to the purple one on the upper row.

I've managed to find ones in solid red and blue finishes similar to the purple one on the upper row.

Really? That's interesting, please show. I thought the solid reds were all the X450 but I, of course, might be wrong.

Really? That's interesting, please show. I thought the solid reds were all the X450 but I, of course, might be wrong.

I found them on AliExpress.

IMG_20200416_082415.png

One of my grail pens is the Sheaffer Legacy in the faux leather. I've never seen this on the X750, maybe I'll have to settle for one of these instead.

Thanks for sharing.

there was a bright China Red lacquered version of the X750 Jinhao offered as Lunar New Year edition a couple year back

Edited by Mech-for-i

Thank you for that sweet-sour information. Wish I could lay my hands on it.

If you ever see one, think at me please.

And I wish Jinhao would care for their homepage or give out catalogues once a year.

Edited by mke

I only have one x750, the Shimmering Sands version. Your collection photographs beautifully.

Posted Image

There is not a lot of action in the field of new designs of the Jinhao X750, X450 and 159.

The blue and the red X750, mentioned by @amber, are not sold by many sellers, but those who have it, have it in quantities of up to 40000.

@Mech-for-i : do you have a search term in Hanzi for me? I am now interested to locate at least a picture of that Lunar Year LE.

There is not a lot of action in the field of new designs of the Jinhao X750, X450 and 159.

The blue and the red X750, mentioned by @amber, are not sold by many sellers, but those who have it, have it in quantities of up to 40000.

@Mech-for-i : do you have a search term in Hanzi for me? I am now interested to locate at least a picture of that Lunar Year LE.

well you can try - 金豪鋼筆+X750+農曆新年 - ( Jinhao fountain Pen + X750 + Lunar New Year is what the text said ) but I doubt anything would come up , that batch is pretty small in qunatity AFAIK and it was quite a few year back, 2016 or might be 2015 , not quite sure , even back then I recall seeing only 1 or 2 online retailer having them.

Edited by Mech-for-i

@Mech-for-i Thank you!! I am going to search for it from time to time. I might get lucky one day.

My favourite is the "Chartres Blue" one you just ordered, followed by Matte Black.

The x750 is such a great pen for tinkering.

• 3 weeks later...

Distinguish from what? From the newly ordered red one? IMO, they look very different on the photos.

Yes, it is the Red Lava.

Anyway, it looks different on my photos - which is near to the reality - just re-confirmed - from the Ebay photos. They might have changed the design, I don't know. Otherwise, the Chinese sellers are using Photoshop extensively.

I have several doubles because I thought a pen presented in very flowery words and new photos would be a new model. When it arrived, it was the same old story.

If any one has the RedLava and it looks REALLY like the one below, please drop me a message. I might need to order one then.

Ebay photo

fpn_1588997358__redlava.png

I was asking because I do have one but I've never really quite understood what the pattern is, mine is quite dark, although it does seem to have those sort of golden splashes...

fpn_1589036497__p1160538-3_jinhao_x750_r

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here done anything like sticking a 14K Bock or JoWo nib into a X750 or X450?

The only thing that has stopped me is that I just noticed a Kaco Master.

> sticking a 14K Bock or JoWo nib into a X750 or X450?

I only used Jowo steel nibs with my Jinhaos. Why do you ask, are Jowo 14k of different size as the steel Jowos?

However, Bock nibs need to be size-adjusted if that works at all.

Ask also in the nib sub-forum: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/forum/135-of-nibs-tines/

Edited by mke