The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Osmia 1222 Ef

osmia

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OMASsimo

OMASsimo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2020 - 00:33

Indeed. And I just accidentally bought a 224, on its way from Seattle to Victoria (about 120km, or three weeks at current postal speeds). It looks like at has a number 5 nib in it, so that's interesting!

Apologies for the typo, it's a 294 not a 994. Glorious pen. I'll take some photos soon . . . 

Congratulations, what a nice accident! You seem to have some great sources of Osmia pens that you hardly find this side of the big pond.

It seems that nib sizes and model numbers are a bit of a mystery (aka chaos) with Osmia. In many cases I see a clear pattern (s. above) but then you find outliers. Today, finally I found a box of pens that went astray during my last move quite a while ago. I was so happy and looked closely at every of the resurfaced pens. Among them an Osmia 64 with an original 14k #6 nib. If it was a pre-war pen, the 14k nib would be in agreement (post-war 64 had steel nibs and 664 14k gold nibs). Lambrou mentions a series (62, 64, 66) of 1930s Supra pens and this could be one of them. But it doesn't have a Supra labeled nib and the tip seems to be different to what is imprinted on the barrel (M instead of BL). It also has an unusual chrome clip. What makes me wonder is that a #6 nib and feed should not fit into a #4 section but in this case it's a perfect fit, no signs of later modifications. Could it be that Osmia put together pens from whatever remaining and available parts they had when the material restrictions kicked in in the late 30s (around 1938) regardless of imprints and model numbers? This said, I think we'd need a bigger data base because you find very little information on Osmia anywhere. Looking forward to see your new acquisitions.

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: osmia

Sponsored Content

|