• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corniche

• bokaba

• Kursaal

• BDarchitect

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you tell us more about the paper (brand) and pen you used for this review, and the nib? Have you tried it on any other papers that are more commonly considered FP friendly, like Rhodia or Tomoe River? Thanks!

Here is a sample I did on Rhodia dot pad with a Wing Sung F. I noticed it has decent water resistance as well in heavy application. I really like this ink so far. It scratches an itch I had for a vintage style greenish blue black. I think it is similar to Sheaffer Blue Black, but more saturated and much wetter.

Twilight2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your review of Diamine Twilight. This review confirms my love of this ink which is now always in a pen in my current rotation and lets me see the ink in a fine nib context which is exotic for me as I only use broad or stub nibs. Twilight can appeal to everyone.

• 3 months later...

For the #50shadesofbluechallenge (link to the hashtag on Instagram), a challenge over at the German PenExchange forum for July & August 2020, I inked up all my pens with all the 50+ blue inks I have. The snapshots might also be of interest to some here.

fpn_1598786372__2020_08_01_50sob_diamine

I had this greyish blue black in Sailor 1911s (Profit Standard) Ivory with a dry italic medium nib that worked well with this ink.

fpn_1598786394__2020_08_01_50sob_diamine

fpn_1598786416__2020_08_01_50sob_diamine

I really like the vivid shades this ink produces, despite the unassuming colour it might have at first glance and look forward to trying it out in more interesting and wet nibs.

fpn_1598786441__2020_08_01_50sob_diamine

Edited by JulieParadise

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bokaba,

Thanks for the review; Twilight has always been one of my favorites since it was released in around '09 or '10.

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Hm so I think there are 2 different Twilight formulations. The latest doesn't look like that blue color in post #5 at all, it's a gray-teal on the green side, similar to J. Herbin Vert de Gris, like this (pictures in multiple posts in the thread)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/352554-diamine-twilight-is-this-the-right-color/

Edited by Intensity

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Hm so I think there are 2 different Twilight formulations. The latest doesn't look like that blue color in post #5 at all, it's a gray-teal on the green side, similar to J. Herbin Vert de Gris, like this (pictures in multiple posts in the thread)

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/352554-diamine-twilight-is-this-the-right-color/

Hi Intensity,

IDK, maybe they did change it and you got one of the new bottles? My two bottles look like the dealer swabs, but my newest bottle is dated May 2018, (dated by me, when purchased).

Either that, or the color shifts as it ages - most aniline dyes are transient by nature - especially with these more exotic colors we use today. In the old days, manufacturers like Waterman and Sheaffer would use more stable, enduring dyes, but it made for a bland palette - today, we're spoiled for choice, but a lot of these exotic colors are not as stable as their predecessors were.

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.