The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Feed Repair

feed wing sung repair ink flow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cherrymerry

cherrymerry

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 14:06

I have Wing Sung 590 and I accidentally broken the feed. I glued it and it looked ok, then I filled my pen but get a lot of skipping. So I thought that I blocked channels with glue and I deepen the channel with scalpel, then tried to write. The result was even worse. Then I thought that may be I made a channel too deep so I placed a piece of thread at the end of the feed. And it worked!

Now the question is: how to reduce depth of the feed?

Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

Sponsored Content

#2 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,201 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 21:38

I've had some success using wax (candle wax or beeswax). Melted it and filled the feed channel. When it had hardened, I carved most of it back out, leaving the desired depth of channel.

It worked for me - but, I am not a professional repair person and have only done this to my own pens. Try it at your own risk!

Good luck.

#3 cherrymerry

cherrymerry

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:00

I've had some success using wax (candle wax or beeswax). Melted it and filled the feed channel. When it had hardened, I carved most of it back out, leaving the desired depth of channel.

It worked for me - but, I am not a professional repair person and have only done this to my own pens. Try it at your own risk!

Good luck.

Thanks for good idea. I guess a hard solid of paraffin would work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feed, wing sung, repair, ink flow

Sponsored Content

|