Monteverde Caribbean Blue

jj9ball

For Christmas I bought myself a Pelikan M800 nib. I then cast and made myself a skyblue pen to hold it. For the last 2 months I've been trying to find an ink to match it. I made it as an eyedropper so I figured I'd just keep it full of that one color. I think I finally found it.... Monteverde Caribbean Blue.

Its important to note that i somewhat hated this color when I first inked it up. It was really light and just didn't fit my taste. Come to find out, that was more the leftover water from cleaning my pen talking than it was the color itself. The color turned out to be quite beautiful. Posted below is my review of it. My favorite sky blue has always been Ama-Iro, but I think this might take its place. It is well behaved and simply striking to look at.

I do have one correction to make. You will see at the bottom of the review I talk about comparing it to another Caribbean Blue. This is because I confused Meditteranean Blue with Caribbean Blue. I suppose this is the hazard of having 150 inks sitting around. It all starts becoming confusing. Anywho, I hope everyone enjoys the review. I would love to hear what everyone thinks. Also, let me know if there is a better ink to match my pen. I'm always open to suggestions and willing to try new ink. :D

fpn_1586558920__img_0013.jpg

fpn_1586558946__img_0014.jpg

fpn_1586558971__img_0015.jpg

fpn_1586559008__img_0016.jpg

fpn_1586559041__scan_1.jpg

fpn_1586559069__scan_2.jpg

fpn_1586559098__scan_3.jpg

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yazeh

• Mr.Rene

• jj9ball

• DrDebG

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my wife's favorite ink. And I have to say, every time, I see it I'm struck by its luminous and gayness.

That's a lovely pen by the way, however, I've never seen a medium to write so broadly ;)

For some reason your scans show off teal instead of that striking blue :)

Edit: They look fine this morning, my eyes must have been playing tricks...

Edited by yazeh

Beautiful color of pen! It is one of my favorite colors.

I am a huge "sky blue/ocean blue" color fan. I like Monteverde Caribbean Blue but there are others I seem to like better. I love Callifolio Blue Atlantique and Blue Pacifique (which may be closer to MV Carib.Blue). But I also really like Rohrer & Klinger Blu Mare.

Whenever I match a pen to an ink (not very often) I like to have "back up" colors of ink. Right now I have a Manuscript 1856 in Turquoise which I have matched with Diamine Soft Mint. They are very very close in color. But I have learned to always have a back up color in mind - either just a shade darker or with a slight color differentiation. I do this because I know myself - I get bored too easily with only one color per pen.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

This is my wife's favorite ink. And I have to say, every time, I see it I'm struck by its luminous and gayness.

That's a lovely pen by the way, however, I've never seen a medium to write so broadly ;)

For some reason your scans show off teal instead of that striking blue :)

Edit: They look fine this morning, my eyes must have been playing tricks...

Gayness? What do you mean? :huh:

Gayness? What do you mean? :huh:

From Oxford dictionary.

2 (dated) the state or quality of being light-hearted and carefree: the gayness of his voice suddenly departed.)

It seems I'm dated.... :lol: I don't mind.

vivacious, bubbly, effervescent, jaunty, bouncy,vivacious, bubbly, effervescent, jaunty, bouncy,

Edited by yazeh

Gorgeous pen

Perfect match on the ink :)

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

Beautiful pen + beautiful ink = perfect match. Har, har, in the meantime that's practically a platitude. It's good that that ink makes CdA's Caribbean Sea superfluous.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)