The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Akkerman Delfts Blauw - Impression

akkerman delfts blauw akkerman delfts blauw delfts blue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yazeh

yazeh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 20:35

Akkerman Delfts Blauw

This is short impression on Akkerman’s Delfts Blauw, inspired by Delft China...
At first, I was not so impressed by the ink. It was almost too pale too bare. And it didn’t agree with my dry Waterman W2, though the only ink which agrees with this pen is R & K Verdigris. 
But after a couple of days it grew on me. Even in Waterman W2 it was alright. But the pen was still scratchy. 
It looks best in a monster Jinhao 450 with a fude nib. In my opinion it needs a wet wide nib. 
It’s a beautiful colour to use for this time of year, and with all the suffering going about, a soft blue is quite soothing….. 
Shading is again obvious with fude/wet nibs to a degree, but it dries to a soft muted color, as you can see. Faint sheening only with the fude nib on Tomoe River. 
Dry time is decent, flow wet but not lubricated. Though it made my Stub TWISBI less scratchy smile.png
You can write non ephemeral texts with it, without fear. It will survive accidental spills, but I won’t sign a check or write an envelope with it. 
Personally, I prefer small bottles of inks. But the packaging is simple, understated, with an antique teal to it. 
I would suggest a sample for those interested and many pens to try, test and enjoy……

Part I

Day 1 Rhodia dot pad:
Scan.jpeg
Amazon fountain pen unfriendly copy paper
Akkerman's DB copyjpeg.jpeg

Tomoe River

Akkerman's DB TR.jpeg

Water test - Rhodia Before

Akkerman's delft blauw.jpeg

After

Akkerman's DB WT.jpeg

Edited by yazeh, 08 April 2020 - 20:37.

Sponsored Content

#2 yazeh

yazeh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 20:45

Part II

Comparison with other blues:

Akkerman's DBComp.jpeg

Wet ink and sheen for the discerning eye on Tomoe River 

Wet ink and sheen.jpg

Sheen (for the discerning eye)

Sheen.jpg

And finally ink bottle and box:

Akkerman Ink bottle copy.jpg

Enjoy....

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,822 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 20:52

Thanks for the review.  This is one I haven't tried. I'll admit that I tend to prefer bolder, more saturated inks, like Akkerman Shocking Blue, but you're right -- this does seem to need a nib that will give it some oomph (and bring out the lovely shading). 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 21:35

I think I might just get a bottle - when I can!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

#5 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2020 - 00:54

Thank you so much for the review!  I love this ink!  I just got a sample before things "shut down", and I have been enjoying it immensely.  One of the things I really like is that it isn't so saturated and it shades so nicely.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#6 Eclipse157

Eclipse157

Hoarder of ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:02

Lovely review and lovely color, thank you! I've alway liked soft, pastel blues and azures, and this one definitely fits the bill. Reminds me of Iro Ajisai, KWZ Azure #1, Diamine China Blue... ah the beauty.. :wub:

Edit: typos

Edited by Eclipse157, 09 April 2020 - 08:03.

#7 yazeh

yazeh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 April 2020 - 13:18

ovely review and lovely color, thank you! I've alway liked soft, pastel blues and azures, and this one definitely fits the bill. Reminds me of Iro Ajisai, KWZ Azure #1, Diamine China Blue... ah the beauty.. :wub:

Edit: typos

Thank you. It is indeed soft and soothing  :)

Thanks for the review.  This is one I haven't tried. I'll admit that I tend to prefer bolder, more saturated inks, like Akkerman Shocking Blue, but you're right -- this does seem to need a nib that will give it some oomph (and bring out the lovely shading). 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

It was quite surprising to me too. After the initial shock, I was won over by. It whispers, it doesn't shout..... ;)

I think I might just get a bottle - when I can!

:rolleyes:

Thank you so much for the review!  I love this ink!  I just got a sample before things "shut down", and I have been enjoying it immensely.  One of the things I really like is that it isn't so saturated and it shades so nicely.  

Most welcome. With your love of Manyo series, it doesn't surprise me  :)

Edited by yazeh, 09 April 2020 - 13:18.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: akkerman delfts blauw, akkerman, delfts blauw, delfts blue

Sponsored Content

|