The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

They’Re Faking Vectors Now? Oy....

vector fake

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mercian

Mercian

Egregiously prolix

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2020 - 23:11

Hi,

during the Great Viral Panic, I have been spending far more time on the ‘bay than usual. Yaaarrrr!

And I have seen that one can nowadays even buy fakes/‘replicas’/knock-offs of the Vector  :huh:   :(

If you haven’t seen them, here is a link to a UK vendor who is selling the knock-offs in bulk, under several listings.

Seems legit...

I hate the fakers, and I hate the vendors of fakes.
I mean, this guy for instance could just import genuine (made under licence by Luxor) Vectors in bulk from India, put on a 100% mark-up, and sell those in the UK - and in the process make himself a lot of money that I wouldn’t begrudge him at all. Other UK sellers are doing just that.
But no. He’s selling the knock-offs.  :angry:

If you are feeling Very Bored whilst at home during lockdown, and are in need of a way to try to kill time (when it just won’t die), you could, like me, waste away the long empty hours by playing the futile game of whack-a-mole that is reporting fake items to eBay.

I suspect that the auction site will do nothing at all about the fakes that we report, but it is at least something to do during lockdown.

I hope that y’all stay well, stay safe, and don’t get fooled in to buying knock-off pens, converters, cartridges, inks, etc.

Cheers,

M.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,048 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 00:28

Well at least that seller does say "Parker style" and is not claiming they're actually Vectors.  

But remember -- there are sellers who hawk fake Hero 616s!  I have one -- a guy in my pen club ordered a ten pack a few years ago just to see what they were like, and gave them away to people at a meeting.

It wrote, but it wrote like the $1 pen it was... [shrug].  Worked okay with iron gall ink, as I recall.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 Anderglan

Anderglan

If you are easily offended or have anything that can trigger you

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 08:31

I've seen that stuff even here in the Alps:

https://www.willhabe...foto-369357783/

The seller of that fake-PARKER doesn't even know that it's a fake PARKER, they appear to think it's a fake LAMY... :lticaptd:

all välgång
Alexander W.–G.

#4 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,048 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 20:37

Well, I HAVE read that Parker converters and cartridges MIGHT fit on a Lamy....  :huh: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#5 Estycollector

Estycollector

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 21:51

The Wing Sung is an exceptional "fake". I don't hate Wing Sung for producing a pen that is well made and performs well for less than $20. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vector, fake

Sponsored Content

|