The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc Meisterstück Le Petit Prince Special Edition 146 Petit Prince And Planet Ef

2020 le petit prince 146 ef nib

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

From EEF to BBBB Small Signature

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2020 - 22:00

~ The Montblanc Le Petit Prince Special Edition 146 Petit Prince and Planet EF has been in daily use for more than two months.

Despite being an EF nib, it's used up three fillings of ink, with each color writing well.

The superb effect of the piston knob mass has resulted in it being an especially pleasant writing tool.

The Extra Fine nib exceeds any expectations I might have harbored, as it consistently writes with accuracy, clarity and immediacy.

Those who've acquired one, and those waiting for theirs to arrive, are sure to enjoy writing with one of Montblanc's most pleasing 2020 models.

Tom K.

Sponsored Content

#62 LyaT

LyaT

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:50

Hi Tom, I got inspired by your post and ordered the same pen in EF. It arrived yesterday. I filled it with MB Toffee Brown. It is my first MB pen. I am super happy with the nice combination of smoothness and feedback of the nib. The shape of 146 fits perfectly in my hand. The color combo is just amazing. Thanks a lot for your photographs!

#63 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

• Member - Gold

• 5,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:54

Hi Tom, I got inspired by your post and ordered the same pen in EF. It arrived yesterday. I filled it with MB Toffee Brown. It is my first MB pen. I am super happy with the nice combination of smoothness and feedback of the nib. The shape of 146 fits perfectly in my hand. The color combo is just amazing. Thanks a lot for your photographs!

~ LyaT:

Thank you so much for sharing the great news!

I'm so glad that yours is as pleasing for writing as mine has been.

If this thread's images helped make the purchase decision, that's especially nice.

Happy Writing!

Tom K.

#64 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

• Member - Gold

• 5,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:58

Montblanc 146 Special Edition Petit Prince and Planet EF

with

Sailor 1911 Realo Maroon 21K EF

fpn_1592454119__side-by-side.jpg

Side-by-Side

fpn_1592454205__two_ef_nibs.jpg

Two EF Nibs

fpn_1592454314__both_uncapped.jpg

Both Uncapped

#65 Reed_thoughts

Reed_thoughts

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 19:16

Tom, thank you so much for your amazing pictures and detailed posts, as ever!

I have been on the fence over this pen, now i am not... the only thing i am not too sure of is when to buy one! hahaha. It could be as early as within 2 weeks, or a few months... the review of the new Nvidia 3080 video cards will tell... as it will be one or the other!

Thank you so much for the plentiful sharing of your amazing photographs. (a new nikon D7600 is also on the wishlist...!)

#66 HaileyD

HaileyD

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 21:22

AH, I'm so excited. These post by Tom and everyone else are making me very excited and antsy for mine to come in. It will be my first Montblanc, though I'm getting mine in a M nib.  :D

#67 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

• Member - Gold

• 5,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:44

~ Reed_thoughts:

It's a wonderful pen in all respects.

Mine has remained in daily use for work since it was acquired.

No regrets whatsoever.

When you finally decide to add it to your collection, it's sure to be a special joy as a writer.

Tom K.

#68 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

• Member - Gold

• 5,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 01:46

AH, I'm so excited. These post by Tom and everyone else are making me very excited and antsy for mine to come in. It will be my first Montblanc, though I'm getting mine in a M nib.  :D

~ HaileyD:

Welcome to Fountain Pen Network and the Montblanc Forum!

Your M nib pen will surely be a highlight of your writing tool collection.

It feels ideal in the hand, with exceptional balance.

May it arrive sooner than expected!

Tom K.

#69 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:53

After much delay, including the vendor sending the pen with the wrong nib size, I finally received the correct EF that I ordered. It is a real beauty--thanks to Tom for  posting these photos, which reassured me that I had not erred in ordering the pen. I have inked it with Montblanc Homage to Hadrian, which makes an excellent match. The nib is one of the narrowest EFs I have seen on a modern Montblanc. It is a joy to write with. It's a delight to hear from Tom and all of you in these times.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#70 Tom Kellie

Tom Kellie

• Member - Gold

• 5,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2020 - 14:49

fpn_1600094768__fine_fellowship.jpg

Good Taste

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2020, le petit prince 146, ef nib

Sponsored Content

|