$400 For Lamy 2000 Bauhaus?

siddr90

congrats on acquiring the pen. Now, i do not want to demotivate u but i just pack mine back into the box after finishing 1 round of ink. The reason is the pen is scratchier than my Lamy Vista which glides through the paper. Thinking it wont be used much, i think its better that the pen stays in the box.

Anyway, enjoy the pen!

if the pen was purchased from an authorised retailer, you can definitely ask for a nib swap anytime at no additional cost

Edited by ljz

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siddr90

• Estycollector

• shoryupen

• Honeybadgers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if the pen was purchased from an authorised retailer, you can definitely ask for a nib swap anytime at no additional cost

Yes i purchased it at Lamy Concept Store. I think i do prefer to let the pen be as it is. Its not that scratchy its just not as good as my vista. Not that im surprised. Had worst luck with a normal 2000 with m nib. It was my 5th year working anni gift by a company i work at. It was so bad i have to let it go at half the price. Not that i care for it. The 2k bauhaus definitely perform much better but just abit lesser than the vista.

Congrats to OP for having bought and enjoying the pen.

For future reference when this post is yielded as a search result, an alternative could be getting a regular 2000, which is around $200, and an Imperial Blue Studio, which is around $80. With $280 you can have the blue on the studio and the 2000 on the ... 2000. What’s better, you get to enjoy two pens, the best of both worlds.

But I know, even if you’ve read this suggestion, you’ll still get the Bauhaus 2000. I know, because I also did. ;)

I had a problem with my 2000 Bauhaus, which I bought online from a store in London. I sent it to the Lamy repair center in Germany with a note and got a perfect pen back in under 10 days. I think they just replaced the whole pen. Anyway I love my Blue 2000, the only 2000 I've ever had. The EF nib on mine is wonderful.

Congrats to OP for having bought and enjoying the pen.

For future reference when this post is yielded as a search result, an alternative could be getting a regular 2000, which is around $200, and an Imperial Blue Studio, which is around $80. With $280 you can have the blue on the studio and the 2000 on the ... 2000. What’s better, you get to enjoy two pens, the best of both worlds.

But I know, even if you’ve read this suggestion, you’ll still get the Bauhaus 2000. I know, because I also did. ;)

Well put! I did go through that option as well but finally decided that I want the blue on the 2000. I'll keep a look out on the blue Lamy CC that comes out in Sept as well.

I had a problem with my 2000 Bauhaus, which I bought online from a store in London. I sent it to the Lamy repair center in Germany with a note and got a perfect pen back in under 10 days. I think they just replaced the whole pen. Anyway I love my Blue 2000, the only 2000 I've ever had. The EF nib on mine is wonderful.

That's wonderful. Lamy has fantastic service on the 2000. I had done a nib exchange on my previous regular 2000 and received similar service. I do find the EF on my Bauhaus a bit wide but not sure if Lamy can help with that.

Well put! I did go through that option as well but finally decided that I want the blue on the 2000. I'll keep a look out on the blue Lamy CC that comes out in Sept as well.

... and keep both! :D

The good news is, there’re still a few months before September arrives, so you can save up a bit in due course. Think about it, will you be able to part from this nice Bauhau 2000 that characterise with your usage? ;)

Haha yes that is probably the expected outcome. Though recently I've been very good at thinning out my collection!

... and keep both! :D

The good news is, there’re still a few months before September arrives, so you can save up a bit in due course. Think about it, will you be able to part from this nice Bauhau 2000 that characterise with your usage? ;)

Thanks, yes its a good price and lucky to found it at retail price.

$400 seems like a pretty good price considering how much attention the Bauhaus got when it came out.

• 5 weeks later...

I'd love it if it cost within 15% of the normal model!

Seriously. $400 MSRP for different color plastic. Lamy is run by absolute lizard people.

Glad you like it though. It is definitely collectible and I doubt will lose much, if any value if kept nice, unlike the stainless one which most people hated because it was waaaaaaaay too heavy,

LOL. Lizard people?

-They're in business to make a profit.

-It's a Limited Edition.

-There aren't many LE's of the L2K (not when you compare to other companies pumping out multiple LE's a year, or even Lamy's own LE's in the Al-Star and similar product lines).

-It sold out pretty fast, if I recall correctly, so Lamy apparently priced it pretty well.

I was a little grumpy about it having such a high price too. I wanted one, but because I love blue pens, not because it was a LE. Didn't really have the money and couldn't justify the price even if I did...because I would have used it quite a bit and the resell value would have taken quite a hit. I'm not a collector, so meh...

LOL. Lizard people?

-They're in business to make a profit.

-It's a Limited Edition.

-There aren't many LE's of the L2K (not when you compare to other companies pumping out multiple LE's a year, or even Lamy's own LE's in the Al-Star and similar product lines).

-It sold out pretty fast, if I recall correctly, so Lamy apparently priced it pretty well.

I was a little grumpy about it having such a high price too. I wanted one, but because I love blue pens, not because it was a LE. Didn't really have the money and couldn't justify the price even if I did...because I would have used it quite a bit and the resell value would have taken quite a hit. I'm not a collector, so meh...

+1

It's a writing instrument.

It makes marks on paper.

Anything more than a #2 pencil is fluffery and "over-priced".

If you think any particular writing instrument is over-priced, please say so.

But I don't think being insulting is necessary.