The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Cmyk Colour Wheel Using Four Fountain Pen Inks

cmyk colour wheel fountain pen ink art ink mixing colour mixing cmyk mixing

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:45

nick-stewart_ink-chapter-1000px.jpg

I have recently posted a CMYK ink mixing tutorial on YouTube which may be of interest to those of you who are into your inks. With many of us in lockdown, this a great opportunity to pursue fountain pen ink investigation. For best results, use fountain pen inks that are as close to the four primary colours as possible: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black. And try to use inks that are pure dyes ie not containing pigment (sludge). This is not brand specific, you can mix and match brands if you wish, just as long as the inks you choose are as near to the primary colours as possible. You can find the tutorial on my YouTube channel. Search under Nick Stewart Ink Art. Have fun and please post your results here. Thanks. Nick

Edited by NickiStew, 30 March 2020 - 17:28.

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Sponsored Content

#2 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

(⌐■_■)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 14:58

neat!

thank you :)

Just give me the Parker 51s and nobody needs to get hurt.

#3 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 15:01

My pleasure. By the way, what do you think your problem might be?

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

#4 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 17:35

This is great!  Thank you for letting us know.  BTW, I subscribed. 

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#5 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 19:16

This is great!  Thank you for letting us know.  BTW, I subscribed. 

Game on! Looking forward to seeing your talents. N

#6 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 20:12

Game on! Looking forward to seeing your talents. N

Thank you.  But I don't want to get your hopes up.  I have little to no talent in spite of growing up in a family of artists.  I'm the  "egg-head", like my father. 

Have you tried Sailor's new Manyo inks, and particularly Haha and Nekoyanogi?  They are somewhat like Sailor 123 being multi-hued.  I've also had some fun sketching with them and Diamine Soft Mint and DeAtramentis Heather Violet to bring some "springtime" into windy, snow and cold weather during my confinement.  

Edited by 5Cavaliers, 30 March 2020 - 20:12.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#7 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 20:55

Thank you.  But I don't want to get your hopes up.  I have little to no talent in spite of growing up in a family of artists.  I'm the  "egg-head", like my father. 

Have you tried Sailor's new Manyo inks, and particularly Haha and Nekoyanogi?  They are somewhat like Sailor 123 being multi-hued.  I've also had some fun sketching with them and Diamine Soft Mint and DeAtramentis Heather Violet to bring some "springtime" into windy, snow and cold weather during my confinement.  

Not yet,but I’m hoping to get hold of some samples.

#8 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

(⌐■_■)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 21:23

My pleasure. By the way, what do you think your problem might be?

oh, thats easy. my bank account/income stream does not properly align with my fountain pen (especially Parker 51) ownership goals. :/

#9 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:56

oh, thats easy. my bank account/income stream does not properly align with my fountain pen (especially Parker 51) ownership goals. :/

Yup! You have a problem! Are you thinking of turning to crime to help solve this?

#10 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

(⌐■_■)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2020 - 13:42

Yup! You have a problem! Are you thinking of turning to crime to help solve this?

i thought about it, but decided it was unlikely that even the overly lax Canadian prison system would allow me fountain pens in prison, and therefore the risk/reward ratio did not match up. 

#11 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2020 - 13:44

i thought about it, but decided it was unlikely that even the overly lax Canadian prison system would allow me fountain pens in prison, and therefore the risk/reward ratio did not match up. 

... is the right answer.

#12 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2020 - 15:27

Very cool, thanks!

#13 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

(⌐■_■)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2020 - 17:20

... is the right answer.

:thumbup:

#14 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:05

I was kinda wondering which way your avatar was leaning.  But now I realize it is towards a superhero, not a bandit.  

#15 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

(⌐■_■)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:43

I was kinda wondering which way your avatar was leaning.  But now I realize it is towards a superhero, not a bandit.

My avatar is bat-heart of awkward yeti fame. :)

http://theawkwardyet...m/comic/new-me/
http://theawkwardyet.../comic/embrace/
http://theawkwardyet.../comic/working/
http://theawkwardyeti.com/comic/weird/

Welcome to your new addiction

#16 NickiStew

NickiStew

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2020 - 06:57

What about recreating your avatar using the four primary colour fountain pen inks?

#17 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

(⌐■_■)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 April 2020 - 01:18

What about recreating your avatar using the four primary colour fountain pen inks?

I had not considered that (I am not a creative person by nature)

And it seems like it would be fun, but for the time being, I do not have appropriate paper (nothing thicker than Clairfontaine 90GSM), and more importantly, my magenta is Noodler's Shah's Rose. and I don't have the yellow... so I can't make a true red :( 

However, at some point I'm going to get around to BUYING Noodler's yellow. and when that day comes, I hope I will remember this idea :)

#18 stoof2010

stoof2010

ink stained hands

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:20

You just reminded me I have the CMYK colors from diamine, private reserve, and Noodlers that I bought for mixing and never did.
Great idea for quarantine!!!
I got yellow, shah's, Navajo, and figure I'll just use black from Noodlers.

Thanks Nicki for the idea!!!!

Edited by stoof2010, 14 April 2020 - 11:24.

-Stefan

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,305 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2020 - 23:49

:lol:

I was kinda like that when the Pelikan M800 Stresemann came out a few years ago.  I said at the time, "An M800 is too big and heavy for me -- but if they come with the color in an M400 I'd be knocking over banks to get the money for one...."  (Then I got lucky and when they DID come out with one in that size, it was at the one time in my life where I had a MAJOR discretionary shopping budget....  :thumbup:  Which saved me from a life of crime....)

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#20 IThinkIHaveAProblem

IThinkIHaveAProblem

(⌐■_■)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2020 - 23:54

:lol:
I was kinda like that when the Pelikan M800 Stresemann came out a few years ago.  I said at the time, "An M800 is too big and heavy for me -- but if they come with the color in an M400 I'd be knocking over banks to get the money for one...."  (Then I got lucky and when they DID come out with one in that size, it was at the one time in my life where I had a MAJOR discretionary shopping budget....  :thumbup:  Which saved me from a life of crime....)
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I’m glad you avoided prison time. The forum wouldn’t be the same without you! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cmyk, colour wheel, fountain pen ink art, ink mixing, colour mixing, cmyk mixing

Sponsored Content

|