The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

St Louis Pen Show Cancelled

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Frank_Federalist_Pens

Frank_Federalist_Pens

(Was "FrankieX" here)

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 14:26

I'm sorry to add that the St Louis Show has also been cancelled.

Both a crowd, and vendor, favorite!

I received an email from the Morgans this morning...

Frank

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"  (Federalist Frank)

Federalist Pens and Paper  (Online Pen Store)

facelogo.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

Sponsored Content

#2 SwipedFromTruman

SwipedFromTruman

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2020 - 15:30

This is terrible and sad news. I was hoping theyd hold off a bit longer with it still being so far out.

"There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know." - Harry S Truman

#3 sharonspens

sharonspens

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,835 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:37

This is terrible and sad news. I was hoping theyd hold off a bit longer with it still being so far out.

Completely agreed. I moaned aloud when I read this headline. I guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed for DC in August.

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

#4 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 16:05

Sad but I guess necessary...

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#5 Parker51

Parker51

Old dog

• Member - Gold

• 1,653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 16:09

I had hoped it would be rescheduled to later in the year, July likely would be too soon, but a December show would be nice as no one has one then and there is seldom anything to do in December (pen related).

#6 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 17:12

December is already packed with all of the holiday activities.   I  think that there's a reason why Ohio is the last one of the year.

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#7 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 18:20

I'm just hoping that the Ohio Show doesn't get cancelled, since that's the closest thing I have to a "local" show.  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA:  And for that one, it's not just COVID-10 to worry about.  It's whether another site can be found, since apparently the old hotel is being torn down and the replacement is NOT going to cater to conventions.

Hmmm.  Wonder what the actual Columbus Convention Center costs for smaller events than the gaming con my husband used to go to.  I know that in the past I've heard that the Pittsburgh Convention Center can cater to small events as well as big ones like the Home & Garden Show and Anthrocon (the annual Furries Convention -- the downtown merchants LOVE it when the Furries are in town, BTW, because they spend money... B)).

Edited by inkstainedruth, 08 April 2020 - 18:25.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#8 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,787 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 19:27

Emails with Terry yesterday - he has a hotel.  He'll announce what and where in due time.  One hopes that this mess is cleared up by then.

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#9 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,235 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 22:20

Awesome news!  Thanks, Ron.  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#10 KreepyKen

KreepyKen

A Little Off

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2020 - 20:42

On rescheduling St. Louis:

• December wasn't an option. Lousy St. Louis weather + Christmas = crappy pen show.
  • Between the Ohio show and Thanksgiving, mid-October through November was a no-go.
  • We would never schedule the same weekend as another show (or even an adjacent weekend), so looking at what was available, most weekends in September & October were too close to our dear neighbors in Dallas, Denver, and Detroit. We didn't want to mess them up.
  • Really, the only month that would have worked schedule-wise was July, but (1) the hotel is booked and (2) we weren't sure if the virus thing would be cleared up by then. 

With so much uncertainty, we decided to cancel and focus on our triumphant return in 2021. Everyone on the board was disappointed, but the vote to cancel was unanimous.

#11 Parker51

Parker51

Old dog

• Member - Gold

• 1,653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2020 - 21:01

I understand about the iffy weather in December or later and earlier might require another cancelation. Perhaps the Atlana show could be rescheduled for December, unlikely, but the weather less iffy that far south.
Other than religious activities which at that time of year for certain Christians becomes slightly busier, early December, after Thanksgiving is generally a good time for some of us and I would think a Pen Show, which by its nature focuses on shopping might be a good place to buy presents.

Edited by Parker51, 11 April 2020 - 21:02.

Sponsored Content

|