I have Private Reserve's Tanzanite, and it is a TRUE purple ink... with Sheen NOT Shimmer. Not as much as Winter Miracle, which I'm not sure is a Shimmer Ink or a Sheening Ink. It is also judging from the picture far more PURPLE rather than BLUE than Lamy Azurite. Too it is a PURPLE Ink that looks like a PURPLE ink, not an ink where the Sheem/Shimmer obscures the Purple.
I have Lamy Azurite, Diamine Bilberry, Diamine Purple Rain, Privat Reserve Tanzanite and Purple Mojo. I've pre-ordered Winter Miracle, but haven't got it yet. And yes, Winter Miracle has both sheen and shimmer, so the inks I'm mentioning will only get you so far.
- Azurite is very much like in the picture above. Pretty green sheen, but it's not a sheen monster when in a medium or fine nibbed pen.
- Diamine Bilberry blurple with a strong copper sheen
- Diamine Purple Rain - purple black with strong yellow sheen
- PR Tanzanite - blurple with copper sheen
- PR Purple Mojo - purple with lime green sheen
My sample of Tanzanite is actually bluer than Azurite. Both inks are in the blurple range, but where Diamine Bilberry is a blueish purple, I find that both Tanzanite and Azurite are purpleish blues. It's a fine line and I'm already double checking myself. My camera can't catch the differences in hues, at least not now the sun's down. PR Purple Mojo is a nice purple with green sheen, but the sheen hasn't so far been very prominent in writing (even on Tomoe River paper).
Edited by Ememel, 25 March 2020 - 17:14.