• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JulieParadise

• amberleadavis

• dennis_f

• NumberSix

Festive Cheer was ink no. 15 in the Inkvent Calendar, so I present it here for todayyesterday.

Festive Cheer is a sheening ink, but one that is not too saturated with hindered flow. It does behave well and works even in finicky pens such as a Kaweco Sport V16 (vintage piston) or my little Pelikan M350 italic medium.

I particularly liked it in the blue Visconti with its broad nib (#notmypen), here the shading and the tone of the ink really came out.

fpn_1589582437__2020_05_15_divc_be_festi

Season's Greetings was ink no. 16 in last year's fabulous Diamine Inkvent Calendar 2019.

Season's Greetings is a sheening ink that is a less blue than Diamine Smoke on the Water. You can find a comparison the other sheening inks I had on hand here on my Instagram.

The fat "16" was created with a dipped Pilot Parallel Pen 3.8 mm; the other writing you see was done with a Montblanc 144 Classique with a wet & fine nib. The ink does flow well but was probably too thick to distinguish more of the lovely base colour but made it go on paper so dense that you merely make out the teal tone you see in the 16 or when smeared.

Papers are Midori MD lined + margin / blank, Life Noble Note lined (all three in A5) & Stálogy 365 5 x 5 mm grid A6.

fpn_1589643195__2020_05_16_divc_be_seaso

Thank you, JulieParadise for doing these. It have been very helpful in determining which of these I might order.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

I love bright blurples so I see a few on this list Julie. Thank you!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Poinsettia (Wikipedia link) is an amazing red! This, besides Fire Embers which I already got, and Ho Ho Ho and Candy Cane will be among the inks I will get, now that all Diamine Inkvent Calendar 2019 inks are being re-released and it is possible in Berlin to pick up orders again myself. I got my Inkvent Calendar from the Berlin stationery shop Moranga back in October 2019 (and, disclosure, I paid for it myself with my own money and have no affiliation with the owner except that I always leave more money there than was planned before).

So, Poinsettia ... a deep red with great flow and a fabulously strong colour without being as thick & sheeny as Noel was (which I did not like that much).

I had Poinsettia in 4 veeeery wet pens, sorry. I could not bring it over myself to put this glorious colour in a slim nibbed pen where I could not enjoy the colour in all its greatness. :wub:

Click on the photo to enlarge it!

fpn_1589835191__2020_05_17_divc_be_poins

Since it is day 18 already, OF COURSE I did not forget you and deliver ink no. 18 also:

HOLLY is a sheening ink pretty similar to Diamine Season's Greetings and November Rain (see a comparison here on my Instagram), but: It does not smear and it flows perfectly, at least it does in my not so wet Sailor / Nagasawa Kobe Proske 1911s Demo with its H-MF nib. I refilled it twice since I filled this pen up (full to the brim!) in April. Guess I like it ...

fpn_1589835201__2020_05_18_divc_be_holly

Clicking on the collage enlarges it. :D

Julie, you make them all look wonderful.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Gingerbread was ink no. 19 in Diamine's Inkvent Calendar 2019.

Now, that all inks are available again as Blue Edition inks, I participated in the #30inks30dayschallenge in the German Penexchange forum and also prepared for some reviews to be posted soon.

Sooo, Gingerbread: This is an ochre toned ink that leans over to brown once applied in thicker, wetter strokes, as you can see in the comparisons I included in the collage below. This is the third of four brown(ish) inks in this line; the last one I will present in the next few days.

I liked it both in its lighter form in a Sailor Pro Gear with a Naginata Cross Music Emperor (#notmypen unfortunately) nib that spreads it more and in a wetter FA nib in a Pilot Custom Heritage 912.

fpn_1589886247__2020_05_19_divc_be_ginge

Papers are:

Midori MD blanc cahier & lined + wide margin

Life Noble Note lined

Rhodia Heritage 5 x 5 mm grid + Dot Book dot grid

Clicking on the image enlarges it!

Midnight Hour was ink no. 20 in Diamine's Inkvent Calendar; now this ink is re-released as part of the Blue Edition. The Midnight Hour is deep dark blue and feels velvety and soft on the nib. It is a sheening ink, but much more subtly than other super sheeners.

In a vintage Kaweco Sport V16 with B-nib I like Midnight Hour sehr gut, both will remian a pair until this pen is written dry. In my tiny Montblanc 114 Mozart this ink brings out the most pleasant aspects of the sometimes finicky Italic Medium nib.

fpn_1589991740__2020_05_20_divc_be_midni

Fire Embers for me is THE INK within the Diamine Inkvent Calendar 2019 / Blue Edition and the only one I got because I could not resist. (Not that I will not buy all some more of these fun inks but due to the Big C causing trouble I had other things to worry about than buying ink ...)

Fire Embers worked perfect in all 4 pens, mostly ink gushers and pretty broad nibs, especially in that Fude nib I got to play with again #notmypen (my friend lets me have fun with his Sailor specialty nibs for the price of cleaning and filling these pens :) )

fpn_1590096223__2020_05_21_divc_be_fire_

Solstice fell on the 22nd of December last year, just when this ink was hiding behind the cute little doors of the ingenious Diamine Inkvent Calendar.

The ink is a black black, at least in the pens I had it in. I find it remarkable how well it flows without clogging even after sitting weeks and weeks in the pens: In December I used a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA, now I have it in a Pilot Décimo (Italic) Medium. Italic is in parantheses her because the flow of the ink seems to level out the line variation and also, if I remember correctly, broadened the line that came out of the FA nib.

I included one pic in the collage that shows how ink transferred from the page as it was not dry yet to my hand to the page again, but all in all I used it like I would use a normal black ink and cannot recall extreme long drying times.

fpn_1590152265__2020_05_22_divc_be_solst

Roasted Chestnut was the 23rd ink in Diamine's great Inkvent Calendar 2019 and thus one of 3 (4, if you count #19 Gingerbread, an ochre, as brown) brown inks that are now available again as part of the Blue Edition.

Roasted Chestnut behaved perfectly perfect in all pens used now and in December and might be hopping into my shopping cart in the future.

fpn_1590240985__2020_05_23_divc_be_roast

Below you find a brief summary of all brown(ish) inks:

fpn_1590241163__2020_05_23_divc_be_brown

Midnight Hour is my favorite so far. A really well-made sheeny blue black. Office-ready, but with a sheen secret.

The 7ml lasted no time at all, so it was nice to get a full bottle of it :)

And thank you for this magnificent thread!

Midnight Hour is my favorite so far. A really well-made sheeny blue black. Office-ready, but with a sheen secret.

The 7ml lasted no time at all, so it was nice to get a full bottle of it :)

And thank you for this magnificent thread!

Oh, this thread was started by Nick Stewart; I just took it over sneakily to show the inks he was writing about. Thank you! :blush:

Edited by JulieParadise

Purple Bow ... sigh. Poor Purple Bow! It falls into the small field of dark blurples that are too dense and not blue enough for my liking and not even the delicate sheen helps. This one probably deserves another chance in a nib that shows its colour, doesn't it?

fpn_1590332613__2020_05_24_divc_be_purpl

edited for grammatical errors

Edited by JulieParadise

Happy Holidays! was the last ink in Diamine's Inkvent Calendar 2019 and the 25th of the new Blue Edition.

Happy Holidays is a sheening glitter ink that yielded quite different results in a broad B nib of my Platinum 3776, whereas from a Pilot Parallel Pen with a DIY rounded nib (sorry, forgot to photograph that nib) it flew wetter and thus the glitter became a lot more visible.

For clog-o-phobics: This inks has been sitting in both pens since the beginning of April (6-7 weeks now) and was only rarely used. Both pens started writing today in the morning immediately. No clogging noticeable. :P

fpn_1590392153__2020_05_25_happy_holiday