Diamine Inkvent Inks Available As The Blue Range From Monday 30Th March 2020

NickiStew

Ink #5 is Triple Chocolate, an ink with standard properties but above standard elegance, I find. I really like how it goes on paper a bit warmer and richer than what it becomes later; this has a certain vintage feeling. As you can see on the collage, the shading is much dependent on the wetness & somewhat springyness of the nib used, although all three of my nibs worked and gave me a lovely result.

Pens: vintage Kaweco Dia 785 IB, Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA, Platinum 3776 Tortoise IM

Papers: Midori MD lined+wide margin, Life Noble lined, both A5 size

fpn_1588747541__2020_05_05_diamine_ivc_b

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JulieParadise

• amberleadavis

• dennis_f

• NumberSix

Ho Ho Ho was the sixth ink in the Inkvent Calendar, now re-released as the Blue Edition, a beautiful warm(ish) red.

Pens used: Pilot Décimo [italic fine], vintage Brause [Montblanc 342 steel nib OBB], Sailor Pro Gear Slim Mini [Zoom]

Paper: Midori MD lined+wide margin, Life Noble Note lined, each in A5

fpn_1588780866__2020_05_06_divc-be_ho_ho

Mistletoe is another ink from Diamine's Blue Edition (a re-release of all Inkvent Calendar 2019 inks, there it was ink #07 thus I follow this order).

Pen today: An unassuming looking vintage MERCEDES pistonfiller with a fantastic flexy OBB nib.

Papers: Midori MD blank / lined+wide margins & Life Noble Note

fpn_1588861199__2020_05_07_divc_be_mistl

In the Inkvent Calendar the amazing golden ink Gold Star was no. 8, so I followed that order when I have inked up my pens all over again with these inks to decide which of them I want to buy desperately need to have might eventually consider to allow myself now that they all are re-released as the Blue Edition.

fpn_1588949408__2020_05_08_diamine_ivc_b

I had this ink in my Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA and a Pilot Parallel Pen until some minutes ago; I just emptied out these by playing & doodling around and can happily attest them to function and not do harm to pens even after sitting ca. 4 weeks in my pens.

Papers are Midori MD blank & lined+margin as well as Life Noble Note, each in A5.

Edited by JulieParadise

Julie, these are wonderful.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Nutcracker is the second (of three) dark browns in the new Blue Edition, Diamine's re-release of all the inks of last December's Inkvent Calendar.

I had this ink in a Sailor 1911s Profit Standard Ivory IM and in a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with a slightly stubbed FA nib.

fpn_1589031008__2020_05_09_diamine_ivc_b

papers: Rhodia Heritage A5 grid, Midori MD A5 blank/lined + wide margin, Life Noble Note A5 lined

@ amberleadavis: Thank you! :)

Winter Miracle for teh win! This is a really miraculous ink, wild & crazy and shimmery-sheeny, highly impractical and yet fantastic. You see this ink from Diamine's Inkvent Calendar 2019, now re-released within Diamine's Blue Edition, as it comes out of a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA and a Pilot Parallel Pen 3.8 mm. It is not a clogging ink but dries on the open nib rather sooner than later, smears when applied thicker and -- my impression -- stained converters & cartridges back in December. But still ... I just love it. See the magic!? See the magic! -->

fpn_1589112332__2020_05_10_diamine_ivc_b

Just to reiterate Julie: wow, wow, and triple wow!

Thanks for continuing to post.

By the way: not only are the inks stunners, but your photography and presentation are just awesome.

Just to reiterate Julie: wow, wow, and triple wow!

Thanks for continuing to post.

By the way: not only are the inks stunners, but your photography and presentation are just awesome.

Uh, I am blushing, thank you :wub:

(15 more to go!)

You're welcome Julie... It's an ongoing treat for all of us, and the least I can do to acknowledge it.

Elf = 11 in German, which means there was a cute little pun in placing this ink with that name behind the eleventh door in last year's Inkvent Calendar. DIAMINE, you funny people you!

Elf, of course, also does mean elf (as in plural elves) as it does in English language, and, coincidentally, I found a little elf stamp that I inked with Elf ink.

Probably I did not do this ink justice as exactly this kind of green is one of my least liked colours (only surpassed by whine red and a certain type of brown), so I only gave it a shot in an elf-like tiny pen: a Montblanc 114 Mozart Italic Medium. So, if YOU like this kind of green, a neutral and straightforward tone, just go for it. It has standard properties, cleans of well and has normal flow.

fpn_1589283589__2020_05_11_divc_be_elf.j

Edited by JulieParadise

Noël's tint is nigh impossible to capture in photographs, sorry.

But this is not the only complaint I have with this ink. While the colour it shows when hitting the paper is a beautiful deep dark red leaning carmine (I compared it to a fleece or velvet blanket in the German PenExchange forum and suddenly received such a blanket as a gift some time later!), it dries to a brownish tone, just because the ink is so saturated. That is no problem if you like heavily saturated sheening inks, but for me this is too dense to enjoy and also does not clean out of pens well. I'd much prefer a lighter colour, as in: more light in the colour, just like what you see in the lower right pic of the collage. Sorry, Noël

fpn_1589283765__2020_05_12_divc_be_noel.

I gave this ink two chances, as I filled it into a wet vintage Monte Rosa 042 with a Montblanc 342 italic medium steel nib (the MR 042 and the MB 342 are really just the same pen with the sole difference being that the MR lacks the white emblem of the MB, nib, feed, cap are interchangeable in my two pens) and also into a Kaweco Liliput AL black 1.1. mm.

Mulled Wine was ink no. 13 in Diamine's Inkvent Calendar 2019 and is part of the newly released Blue Edition. This one is an ink with standard properties and behaviour. It shades nicely and cleans out well.

fpn_1589378631__2020_05_13_divc_be_mulle

I have used Mulled Wine in a finicky Pelikan M350 with an 18k Italic Medium nib where it did give me writing pleasure. Unfortunately I do not like the general wine red tone but still was pleased by this particular ink as it flowed better in this pen than most other inks do.

Many thanks, Julie, for your Inkvent / Blue Collection posts which are brilliantly presented.

I'm really taken with Polar Glow (#4) and must get some once it is back in stock in my local online ink emporium!

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the range and will no doubt find more to put on the list!

Edited by shamwari

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard

Many thanks, Julie, for your Inkvent / Blue Collection posts which are brilliantly presented.

I'm really taken with Polar Glow (#4) and must get some once it is back in stock in my local online ink emporium!

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the range and will no doubt find more to put on the list!

Thank you! I must admit that I am having loads of fun revisiting all the inks. There has only been a small handful of colours I did not like that much and I fondly remember how all this inky goodness (silly as it may be that we as serious adults :rolleyes: freak out over this) ... how all this inky goodness carried me through a very hectic & stressful month in December, just like right now it is a welcome distraction from the pressure I feel amidst this pandemic (schools still mostly being closed, so I need to work around my children from 7 in the morning till 2 in the night). Hard to explain how just looking at lovely colour and writing silly words relaxes & helps me refocus to being able to breathe calmly again.

So, again, thank you for joining this inky ride; sharing makes everything better!

Edit: Nasty typo! Ksshh, away you go, you nasty typo!

Edited by JulieParadise

Okay, one more? ... Naaa, just kidding, there are 12 more.

Jack Frost was the 14th ink in Diamine's Inkvent Calendar 2019 and is now re-released within the Blue Edition. I had this ink in a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA for weeks without clogging or drying up; now it resides in a Pelikan M200 Clear Demo M as well as in a Pilot Parallel Pen 3.8 mm without any problems whatsoever.

Jack Frost is a lovely blue; and it does have so many faces it is really hard to capture. See the pics taken in different lighting and from various angles. Sometimes it looks like there were two different inks altogether when you compare it side by side from different nibs. From one angle there is no sheen but then you tilt the paper and BoOoOM! Glitter b0mb!!! Just like Winter Miracle that I presented on May 10th it is a fantastic ink.

Hint: Klicking on the photo should make it even larger :D

fpn_1589489860__2020_05_14_divc_be_jack_

Mulled Wine was ink no. 13 in Diamine's Inkvent Calendar 2019 and is part of the newly released Blue Edition. This one is an ink with standard properties and behaviour. It shades nicely and cleans out well.

This one looks gorgeous! I can't quite tell from your image, but how does it compare to Noel?

Noel's the only ink I have used from this series, and I quite liked it.

Winter Miracle for teh win! This is a really miraculous ink, wild & crazy and shimmery-sheeny, highly impractical and yet fantastic. You see this ink from Diamine's Inkvent Calendar 2019, now re-released within Diamine's Blue Edition, as it comes out of a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 FA and a Pilot Parallel Pen 3.8 mm. It is not a clogging ink but dries on the open nib rather sooner than later, smears when applied thicker and -- my impression -- stained converters & cartridges back in December. But still ... I just love it. See the magic!? See the magic! -->

fpn_1589112332__2020_05_10_diamine_ivc_b

I would have skipped this one if you hadn't shown it here. WOW

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This one looks gorgeous! I can't quite tell from your image, but how does it compare to Noel?

Noel's the only ink I have used from this series, and I quite liked it.

You can see on the small pics showing three samples each (always in the order Noel, Noel in a second pen and Mulled Wine) around the middle of the collage that colourwise these two are pretty close, so much so that I actually mislabeld two pens back in December. Noel leans more towards red or crimson, whereas Mulled Wine is less saturated, cooler and more of a wine colour.

What really differs are the writing properties: Noel has significant sheen which almost covers the line when coming out of a wet nib. This on page can look like a murky brown and exactly was what I disliked about it.

Mulled Wine on the other end of the spectrum has standard properties, is less saturated, nice shading, is not at all complicated or smeary with no sheen whatsoever.

I would have skipped this one if you hadn't shown it here. WOW

Ha! Gotcha! :lol:

Oh, I like Jack Frost (#14) too, looks just as good as Polar Glow.

Decisions, decisions!

... just like right now it is a welcome distraction from the pressure I feel amidst this pandemic...

I agree, deciding on my next ink purchases is a great way of taking my mind off the current troubles.

Thanks again for a wonderful series of inky posts!

"If you want to succeed in the world, you don't have to be much cleverer than other people. You just have to be one day earlier." -- Leo Szilard