The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Kiowa Pecan - (Mostly) Written Review

noodlers kiowa pecan ink brown review

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheVintagelife

TheVintagelife

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 11:56

This is the second brown ink I am reviewing together with the Vaikhari - it is a nice medium brown from Noodler's - called Kiowa Pecan. I haven't had much good luck with Noodler's inks - for one reason or the other, most of them havent worked well for me.  This one though, is probably the Noodler's that I like the most and gives me least trouble.

fpn_1584964115__kiowapecan_pg1.jpg

In comparison with Vaikhari and Iro Yama Guri. N-KP is lighter than both , though some shades are very similar to Vaikhari - However, the Vaikhari has auburn/ burnt sienna tinges on the lighter shades and Kiowa Pecan's lighter notes tend toward golden browns. 

fpn_1584964318__brown_swatch_review_smal

Dry times are on the longer side; about 30 secs on these scrubbies with a Bock F nib. But real life writing seems to dry much faster.

fpn_1584964366__kiowa_pecan_pg2_small.jp

Overall: I really like the color and how the ink behaves with most papers. the shading is beautiful, encompassing a wide variety of browns. This is a great ink from Noodler's.

Sponsored Content

#2 yazeh

yazeh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 14:54

Beautiful rust coloured ink. It reminds me of Diamine's ancient copper. On the plus side it's bullet proof...

Sorry, that Noodler's ink give you much trouble, I find the "troubles" give them character  :)

#3 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 17:58

Nice color!

#4 yazeh

yazeh

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2020 - 13:01

I got a sample of this ink.... I'm not sure if you've got the right ink....

Attached Images

• Kiowa Pecan 1.jpeg

#5 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2020 - 18:48

Ahh. Nothing like my Kiowa Pecan either. Oops. Enjoy it though. Looks lovely.

#6 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2020 - 19:39

Thanks for a nice review.  I recently purchased this and Golden Brown, I like the Kiowa Pecan but the Golden Brown is too light for me.

----------------

Knowledge is the only wealth that increases when shared.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, kiowa pecan, ink, brown, review

Sponsored Content

|