Krishna - Vaikhari (Mostly) Written Review

TheVintagelife

the main review is below. This is an Indian notebook called ITC classmate which is dirt cheap and exceptionally fountain pen friendly - doesn't feather or spread with the worst offenders (in my case, Noodler's 54th Mass for spreading, Noodler's forest green for feathering); dry time is quick but inks retain their vibrancy and shade nicely. Only strikes against it is that it doesn't particularly help with sheen and its not bright-white (there's a slight red tinge to the pages). Anyway, enough about the paper.

This review was written with a PenBBS 480 with a Mini fude F nib. Really its more like an M. Writes wetter than normal.

Note: the color balance is off in the top 5th of the page - probably due to paper not being totally flat. The ink in that area looks murkier than in real life.

fpn_1584962785__vaikhari_pg_1_small.jpg

Here are some comparisions to other browns (Kiowa Pecan is similar, Yama Guri, not really). Also how the inks looks on blobs, swatches, smudges and dry times.

fpn_1584963257__vaikhari_pg_2_small.jpg

Overall thoughts: It is a very nice brown, rich color with shading variations and possibilities of sheen (and a nice ink even without the sheen); with good flow, quick-ish dry times and no major drawback as far as I can see, except the tendency to stain clear plastic (though not sure if it was just that one cartridge converter). Will be receiving some Clairefontaine and Tomoe River shortly (I am out of stock now and all but essentially deliveries are closed due to C-Virus). Will check on sheening then. The pooled ink drop shows some green sheen around the rim of the darker area.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yazeh

• TheVintagelife

• DrDebG

• dapprman

I loaded a sample of it in to an EF nibbed Leonardo Messenger. I do like the look of the ink and on the right paper even with an EF you get huge amounts of sheen, however I also found it gummed up the nib, and that's the second Krishna RC ink to do that (the other being in a medium JoWo). Really nice colour if you like sheening inks, however I now have no trust in putting it in to another pen (actually moot as I used all the sample in the one).

Thank you for reviewing such a lovely shading ink....

I assume it's not water resistant?

Yes, its not at all water resistant. Though its a bit hard to clean off a pen as it is quite saturated

Edited by TheVintagelife

Yes, its not at all water resistant. Though its a bit hard to clean off a pen as it is quite saturated

Thanks for the precision and all the extra details...

Thank you for taking time to write your review and give us your thoughts.

The color isn't really my cup of tea. But thank you anyway!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the review! Reminds me a little to Pilot Iro Tsukushi.

Javier