Why Do You Buy Ink?

GreenMountain

What, not going to move from single to double isles of barrister book cases like library shelves? I've seen your display cases...impressive!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreenMountain

• amberleadavis

• Sailor Kenshin

• Astronymus

What, not going to move from single to double isles of barrister book cases like library shelves? I've seen your display cases...impressive!

:wub: I have two barristers book cases plus the Eastlake Secretary and then two small book shelves... BTW, I've not nothing on Sam Campote.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I buy ink because it is there to buy.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I buy ink because it is there to buy.

Several years ago I was showing my husband a photo Amberlea Davis had posted of her secretary cabinet with all the inks. He said "It *isn't* a competition!" I said, "That's NOTHING to what SamCapote has...." :lol:

Husband was not amused....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Yes, please Sam, we would love to see your collection.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I've stopped my inky acquisitions in such large quantities, because I don't have space to display it.

Uh-huh. I've used that excuse many times. . . . until I buy a whole line of inks again. :lticaptd:

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Yes, please Sam, we would love to see your collection.

Yes, please! We all need to feed our addiction!

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Well this is going to be very sloppy because I am in the process of re-doing my ink room with more shelves, so I temporarily moved most of it into the basement during the construction. I just took a series of photos of the plastic cases, multiple boxes, metal file cabinets, and wood cabinets that are all full of ink bottles, cartridges, etc. Then there is still another 8 of those plastic rolling cabinets in another room blocked by boxes that I don't want to move for photos.

These are all clickable thumbnails

Inks1-s.jpg Inks2-s.jpg Inks3-s.jpg

Inks4-s.jpg Inks5-s.jpg Inks6-s.jpg

Inks7-s.jpg Inks8-s.jpg

Edited by SamCapote

I think my wife said I'd be divorced before I had that many inks. I filed a few months ago. Still never coming anywhere CLOSE to that.

Peace and Understanding

SamCapote: When I saw your photos, I thought: this is when passion and craziness become inseparable :D :D :D . But good for you! I understand. :)

SamCapote thank you very much. Impressive indeed!

My companion has a collection of old cars, including duplicates for parts of course, and many more additional car parts. Barely a day goes by that another part doesn't arrive in the mail, virus or not. Today it was a pair of "crush sleeves", one long sought and a spare. I've been threatening for years to get an RFID or bar code system.

Along these lines, how do you keep track of what you have? By brand, by color, by acquisition age, by priority in your heart, visually? We don't have a Dewey Decimal System for ink, do we?

Sam, thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing it all when it is on the shelves.

SamCapote thank you very much. Impressive indeed!

Along these lines, how do you keep track of what you have? By brand, by color, by acquisition age, by priority in your heart, visually? We don't have a Dewey Decimal System for ink, do we?

I organize it by brand, then by groups within that brand....like MB old shoe, new shoe bottles, then special edition bottles, etc. Eventually will have it all listed in a spreadsheet.

I organize it by brand, then by groups within that brand....like MB old shoe, new shoe bottles, then special edition bottles, etc. Eventually will have it all listed in a spreadsheet.

Why didn't I think of that? A spreadsheet. Genius. And simple.

(And with respect to car parts, a photo with the number of the item. 1 = crush sleeves.)

SamCapote, not quite clear to me.... do you have a business in trading ink?

It is a one way business. I only buy ink. Have never sold any pens or ink.

Today I bought ink because I unexpectedly ran out of Iroshizuku Tsukushi.

Unfortunately, none of my local B&M shops here in small-town SW Germany carry Pilot inks, so the closest I could get was Edelstein Smoky Quartz. Not a bad substitute, but it isn't quite the same, either.

I suppose I could order in a new bottle of Tsukushi and have it here in a couple days, but what would be the fun in that?