Covid-19 Update For Peyton Street Pens Customers

terim

Santa Cruz County is under a “shelter in place” order due to the coronavirus. Our current plan is to ship once a week, with the first batch of orders going out this Friday. We have scheduled a USPS pickup, and if that goes well, we will ship orders each Friday for as long as the COVID “shelter in place” order is in effect. Teri is going to be the only one packing and shipping orders, so this plan will depend on her capacity.

All domestic orders will get a free priority mail shipping upgrade.

No one at PSP has fallen ill, but we are very strictly following the preventative measures recommended by our county. PSP team members are all working from home in an effort to keep new listings of pens flowing to the web site.

Thanks so much for your patience and forbearance. We are all facing the same reality, though Coastal California has a bit of a head start in taking measures to control that reality.

Please note that we can always cancel your order, as long as it has not yet been shipped.

We are wishing the best to you and your loved ones,

TERI and the folks at PSP

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terim

• Parker51

• Danny Kaffee

• BinaryRun

Thanks Teri. Las Vegas is sort of crazy too, but unlike New Orleans, we shut down sooner and I hope it helps. I was checking out your new pens, did I see nibs like what were on my Ink Tank pen?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Thanks Teri. Las Vegas is sort of crazy too, but unlike New Orleans, we shut down sooner and I hope it helps. I was checking out your new pens, did I see nibs like what were on my Ink Tank pen?

Hey Amber!

Considering the nature of business in Las Vegas, you guys are to be applauded for doing the right things despite economic consequences.

We use those Eversharp nibs on a variety of pens, even some of the ones I've been making myself. This is a blow filler:

pspwtm_713stub_mocktortoise_1.jpg

We also have the Ranga-made Soquels that take the Eversharp flex nibs. You'll see those here.

And we have the nibs in their original homes, i.e. the Eversharp Symphony ..... models 713, 913 and "lined band" 713.

Take care!

TERI

USPS has stopped shipping to certain countries.

This page on the Shipstation web site lists the countries.

Here are the countries they list:

• Cayman Islands

• Chad

• Ecuador

• French Polynesia

• Honduras

• India

• Kuwait

• Libya

• Madagascar

• Maldives

• Mongolia

• New Caledonia

• Panama

• Peru

• Samoa

• Saudi Arabia

• South Africa

• Bolivia

• Sri Lanka

• Zimbabwe

• 3 weeks later...

Update!

I'm managing to get two batches of shipments out each week, one on Tuesday and one on Friday. It's been 10 years since I had to do the packing and shipping myself, so I do a lot of complaining to the empty office. Boo hoo, I know. I am very grateful for the orders, and happy to be able to keep my team working from home.

We're giving free upgrades to Priority Mail on domestic orders over $40, unless we are able to ship the same day as the order was received.

Wishing you all good health!

TERI

Wonderful, and a testament to your dedication and character.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to pick up a Parker 51 from you about a week ago that has become my daily writer. Thanks!

Good news! We have been able to resume daily shipping.

So glad to hear. Your website has been my guilty pleasure for the past few weeks, I just love looking a glimpse from the past. But having only one vintage pen, I'm very cautious with any actual purchases. :wub:

One question that I've been having, do you offer other methods then USPS for international shipping (to Europe) and would you have a rough estimated price? I'm mainly asking because USPS currently has a several weeks delay on international mail due to a lack of flights.

• 3 weeks later...

So glad to hear. Your website has been my guilty pleasure for the past few weeks, I just love looking a glimpse from the past. But having only one vintage pen, I'm very cautious with any actual purchases. :wub:

One question that I've been having, do you offer other methods then USPS for international shipping (to Europe) and would you have a rough estimated price? I'm mainly asking because USPS currently has a several weeks delay on international mail due to a lack of flights.

Happy to hear you are getting some fun from the web site!

Sorry, we only offer USPS due to the costs. FedEx rates seem to be 2 or 3 times the cost of USPS priority, and no one offers a rate as low as USPS' first class parcel rate.

Take care!

TERI