The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Fountain Pen Usage For Education

usage function analog education

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:31

I'm preaching to the choir but ...

Checking out preventive measures during these pandemic times, I was pleased to see the use of our common interest in an educational setting  :)

Digital platform, analog function

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,732 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2020 - 23:46

Hey -- looks like the guy in the video has a Parker Vector there.  (Vindication!  I LOVE my Vectors....  :D)

I'll admit that I haven't really watched the video.  I ran it forward a bit but don't really have time at the moment.  Although I think that it's interesting that he seemed to be pushing vitamin D supplements.  I actually take those anyway (but not high dosage ones) because in this hemisphere and at this time of year, it's hard to get naturally generated vitamin D from being outside in the sunlight (and of course I also have the problem of being out in bright sunlight without being lathered up with sunblock ANYWAY...). 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth, 16 March 2020 - 23:47.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:20

Thank you for the identification @inkstainedruth   :)

I thought it was some unique UK brand :huh: , but good to know the Parker Vector is readily available.

As for the content, he runs through a meta-analysis that suggests Vitamin D supplementation cuts risk for respiratory infection which is so relevant these days! So you're ahead of the curve @inkstainedruth   :thumbup:

#4 85AKbN

85AKbN

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 04:50

Thank you for posting. I like to get mine from foods (I eat liver every week, cheese now and then, and eggs almost every day).

#5 Bibliophage

Bibliophage

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 17:54

My doctor put me on high dose vitamin D after running a couple of blood tests.   Ah, the joys of Irish/English/Scots genetic background. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usage, function, analog, education

Sponsored Content

|