Is There A Site That Lists The Waterman Pen Models And Production Years

Gutbucketeer

Does anyone know of a site that lists the difference Waterman Pen models and their years of production? I'm particularly interested in the pens since the 1980s such as the Phileas, Kultur, Laureat, Expert (I,II,III), Carene, Hemisphere, etc. I can't seem to find a good source for when the regular Phileas started and ended production versus when the Kultur started and ended production.

Their are also others that are more rare like the Maestro and the Master that sometimes get confused with the Laureat.

Thanks

Jim Bunch

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gutbucketeer

• inkstainedruth

• Estycollector

• carlos.q

Thanks for both of these links. I know very little about Waterman pens, and wanted to post pix of the inlaid-nib (looking) lever filler my husband decided to pick up at an antiques show a few weeks ago (only I don't know where he's stashed it or the two Parkers he bought from the same dealer....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Here is a site I've referred to several times.

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

Thanks to all for the links. Like Ruth, I know little to nothing about Waterman branded pens. That said, the old ones are priced more than I am willing to spend.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

That said, the old ones are priced more than I am willing to spend.

Well, yes and no. It all depends. If it's one of the 1930s pens with the gold filigree overlays? Then yes. Probably too expensive by far. If it's the lever filler I spotted a few years ago in an antiques mall in my area, with the nib bent at about a 90° angle, and (STILL) priced at nearly $300 US? Way too expensive (I basically laughed in the woman's face over that and walked out...).

OTOH, the one my husband bought at the antiques fair a couple of months ago? It was... four bucks. (Okay, it DID have the cap of one of the Parkers on it, and the Waterman cap on one of those...). But my husband ended up buying all three pens at that price (four bucks each). The 1980s era (I think) Waterman Exclusive was ten. I had some trouble finding a converter to fit it right -- even a Waterman converter; but ten bucks for a pen with an 18K nib? Not too shabby.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Well, yes and no. It all depends. If it's one of the 1930s pens with the gold filigree overlays? Then yes. Probably too expensive by far. If it's the lever filler I spotted a few years ago in an antiques mall in my area, with the nib bent at about a 90° angle, and (STILL) priced at nearly $300 US? Way too expensive (I basically laughed in the woman's face over that and walked out...).

OTOH, the one my husband bought at the antiques fair a couple of months ago? It was... four bucks. (Okay, it DID have the cap of one of the Parkers on it, and the Waterman cap on one of those...). But my husband ended up buying all three pens at that price (four bucks each). The 1980s era (I think) Waterman Exclusive was ten. I had some trouble finding a converter to fit it right -- even a Waterman converter; but ten bucks for a pen with an 18K nib? Not too shabby.

I'll an eye out for a $4 one, Ruth. :)

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, carlos.q said:

So glad you posted this!  I was just able to identify a vintage Waterman I purchased at an estate sale, because of this link.  I have been searching for d.a.y.s. for that info.  Pretty sure now it's a Laureat.

20220220_141957.jpg

Edited by KiraC