The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Several New Pens, Some For The Ladies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jj9ball

jj9ball

Extremely Rare

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2020 - 16:35

Ok, maybe thats not entirely true.  Guys are allowed to like skinny pens too. I have a Cross Century that's like a twig that I can't get enough of.  I have a few new pens to show.  2 of them are designed to be as skinny as they can be while still accommodating a #6 Jowo nib and converter.  Its a little trickier to make a skinny pen.  Everything is smaller and more fragile and the clearances are tighter.  I have had several requests for skinny pens so hopefully these are well received. 

The first 2 pens are Conway Stewart blanks Vintage Port and Flecked Autumn.  I can't say enough about how happy I am with the Vintage Port blank.  I really thought it would be plain and boring when I started working on it.  As I was polishing it I noticed that it has some whitish gray flecking in it.  This really gives it a unique look and makes it much more interesting than I would have originally thought.  Both of the first 2 pens are similar in size.  They are just 5" uncapped and between 5 3/8 and 5 1/2 capped.  Both have sections that are really skinny (as far as I'm able to make for a #6 nib) at 11.3mm down to 10.5mm.  Both use a k5 schmidt converter and can use cartridges or eyedropper as well.  Both pens post and balance very nicely posted.  I think if I was using either of them I might intentionally keep them posted (but I like longer pens).

The last pen was some material that I custom cast.  I was really trying to give a nob to classic Parker yellow.  As I added and mixed the black it made the yellow a little dirty and I didn't quite end up with what I was hoping for.  In the future I will probably just mix black and yellow parts together to get the effect.  This pen is back to being a little larger at 5  5/8" capped and 5 1/4" uncapped.  The cap does post and the section on this one is around 13mm thick.  I chose a blacked out Bock nib and blacked out clip and I think it gives it a unique look.  It comes with a schmidt k6 screw in converter pump and can be used with cartridges or eyedroppered too.

All of the pens can be found at www.jandjwooddesigns.net

On the custom order side of things, my queue is down to around 2 weeks maybe a little less depending on what you may want.   So if you want a custom pen made and don't want to wait 2 years send me a message and I would love to talk more about your project.   You can pm me here or send an email to jj.9ball@hotmail.com and put "pen inquiry" in the subject line.

Attached Images

• IMG_0286.JPG
  • IMG_0288.JPG
  • IMG_0289.JPG
  • IMG_0291.JPG
  • IMG_0282.JPG
  • IMG_0285.JPG

Come see some of my handmade pens!!!

www.jandjwooddesigns.net

Sponsored Content

#2 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 17:48

I thought we aren't allowed to have ladies and gentlemen anymore. Happy to see that they're till around :D

Vintage Port is a beauty!

Edited by Karmachanic, 15 March 2020 - 17:49.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#3 Carguy

Carguy

Hardcore Pen Junkie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 23:46

That flecked autumn is fantastic! I have a Conway Stewart in that color and it remains one of my favorite pens ever....

#4 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 March 2020 - 00:41

I like the electrified pen with blue lightning.

#5 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 March 2020 - 00:16

That's a great description, blue lightening.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#6 bitterwonder

bitterwonder

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:51

I wasn't aware that pens had a gender.

Sponsored Content

|