The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Chicago Pen Show 2020 - Yes, We Are Still On.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2020 - 13:49

Actually, commercial enterprises have plenty of toilet paper as they receive toilet paper in bulk from their suppliers and don't hoard it, especially if they are closed and not using it.
There is no need for there to be a shortage of toilet paper due to a lack of production and supply, the problem is people buying much more than they need for their homes and accumulating enough for several weeks to several months.

And, no it is not like bubonic plague, very different vectors, very different effect and today we have very different societies with very different values, knowledge and resources than when the bubonic plague decimated the world.

Given his or her screen name, I've been thinking "offbase" was talking, as they say, "tongue in cheek."

Regardless, this response is excellent and surely something to which we can all agree.

What I'm wondering is where is the Show Organizer, Mr. Roger Wooten, in all of this??  Why haven't we heard from him??

Sponsored Content

#22 FarmBoy

FarmBoy

Brain freeze, mmm... got pens?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 14:03

I have spoken to Roger. He has been dealing directly with the many rearrangements that need to be dealt with and fielding questions from vendors and participants. Not to mention he has a full time job and they too are in lockdown mode.

The website is updated and there have been posts on social media. I’m sure when he can drop in here he will.
San Francisco International Pen Show - They have dates! August 23-24-25, 2019 AND August 28-29-30, 2020. Book your travel and tables now! My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

#23 Roger W.

Roger W.

Irish Wolfhound

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 15:54

Todd, thanks.  I've got audits due in 11 days so I'm under a seasonal crunch for that and the clients are in the mortgage industry and they are facing huge changes the past few days. Then there is contacting over 100 vendors to see who can make the new dates.  There are also those that paid for weekend passes to see if they are going to make the changed dates or I have to issue refunds.  Then there is the usual things that need done to get ready for the show - I've gained a few weeks for that.

As posted on the website - chicagopenshow.com, we had to change the dates to June 11-14.  It is the only weekend that makes any sense on the pen show calendar.  If these dates do not hold the Chicago Pen Show will be cancelled for 2020 but, we feel confident that it is going to happen.  The hotel has been very accommodating and we have 95% of the usual show though, we loose the Chicago room for seminars on that Sunday as it was booked prior to the change. 

Thanks for your patience.

Roger W.

#24 Parker51

Parker51

Old dog

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2020 - 16:36

Thank you for explaining the current situation.
Please do not cancel the Chicago Show if for some reason it is not possible to have it in June, 2020.
The shows in July and August are far from the Midwest and thus, there might be a good week during those months if Chicago is clear by then. Also as many conventions and trade shows are cancelling through not just Spring, but Summer as well, their might be a variety of facilities with capacity towards the end of Summer.

Edited by Parker51, 19 March 2020 - 16:37.

#25 Seney724

Seney724

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 March 2020 - 17:54

Todd, thanks.  I've got audits due in 11 days so I'm under a seasonal crunch for that and the clients are in the mortgage industry and they are facing huge changes the past few days. Then there is contacting over 100 vendors to see who can make the new dates.  There are also those that paid for weekend passes to see if they are going to make the changed dates or I have to issue refunds.  Then there is the usual things that need done to get ready for the show - I've gained a few weeks for that.

As posted on the website - chicagopenshow.com, we had to change the dates to June 11-14.  It is the only weekend that makes any sense on the pen show calendar.  If these dates do not hold the Chicago Pen Show will be cancelled for 2020 but, we feel confident that it is going to happen.  The hotel has been very accommodating and we have 95% of the usual show though, we loose the Chicago room for seminars on that Sunday as it was booked prior to the change. 

Thanks for your patience.

Roger W.

Thanks for the details and insights Mr. Wooten.

Hopefully all will be ok in June but, if not, please consider Parker 51's suggestion, just above.

#26 cgreenberg19

cgreenberg19

Pen-Obsessor

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 March 2020 - 00:11

Good to hear!  

Sponsored Content

|