The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

O.s. Potassium Attempt

organics studio potassium custom mix cassia water

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eclipse157

Eclipse157

Hoarder of ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 13:09

Hello! A couple years ago one of the first inks I bought was Organics Studio Potassium, but the bottle that arrived was a completely wrong color. After a brief pics exchange with the seller I got a refund and put the defective ink away (I'm a hoarder I physically cannot get rid of any ink but through writing). The recent activity from my fellow countryman Sansenri, together with my newly-rekindled interest in bluish and purplish hues prodded me to attempt to re-create the correct color of Potassium starting from my defective bottle.

This is the color I was starting from

solo pota.jpg

As you can see it's totally off. It's got nothing of the charming purplish, delicately lavender hue it's supposed to have.

I needed a pretty purple... Rohrer & Klingner Cassia to the rescue!

solo cassia.jpg

I grabbed an eyedropper, a sample vial and some demineralized water, and started mixing away, noting the results on some scrap paper. In the end I was very satisfied with this result. One added bonus is that the mixed ink goes down a pretty purple, and dries towards the blue end of the gamut. I love that!

pota pota.jpg

Cassia is extremely saturated, and the mixture potassium + cassia was the right hue but way too saturated and would not shade as much as I'd hoped, that's why I added so much water. The mixture sat in the vial for a few days and it is stable so far.

Sponsored Content

#2 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,214 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 14:33

Hello! A couple years ago one of the first inks I bought was Organics Studio Potassium, but the bottle that arrived was a completely wrong color. After a brief pics exchange with the seller I got a refund and put the defective ink away (I'm a hoarder I physically cannot get rid of any ink but through writing). The recent activity from my fellow countryman Sansenri, together with my newly-rekindled interest in bluish and purplish hues prodded me to attempt to re-create the correct color of Potassium starting from my defective bottle.

This is the color I was starting from

attachicon.gif solo pota.jpg

As you can see it's totally off. It's got nothing of the charming purplish, delicately lavender hue it's supposed to have.

I needed a pretty purple... Rohrer & Klingner Cassia to the rescue!

attachicon.gif solo cassia.jpg

I grabbed an eyedropper, a sample vial and some demineralized water, and started mixing away, noting the results on some scrap paper. In the end I was very satisfied with this result. One added bonus is that the mixed ink goes down a pretty purple, and dries towards the blue end of the gamut. I love that!

attachicon.gif pota pota.jpg

Cassia is extremely saturated, and the mixture potassium + cassia was the right hue but way too saturated and would not shade as much as I'd hoped, that's why I added so much water. The mixture sat in the vial for a few days and it is stable so far.

It's pretty! Reminds me of J Herbin Violet Penseè.

#3 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 19:57

:D glad to have stirred your mixing interests!

Nice try, I respect your colour preference, I would probably have kept it a little more blue, and possibly would have tried to darken it slightly.

But that's just me :)

btw, your gone off Potassium also looks like a candidate for a blue-black experiment...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: organics studio, potassium, custom mix, cassia, water

Sponsored Content

|