The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Corona Virus And Pen Show Exhibits

precautions

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 dapprman

dapprman

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2020 - 22:46

Face mask may help too...

Wrong infection vector - only way a mask will help is if it's surgical (so not the vast majority bought in chemists around the world) and is worn by the person who's just sneezed.

Main vector is touching a surface an infected person has previously touched, then touching your eye, nose, mouth, etc - or just eating by hand after.

Sponsored Content

#22 pen lady

pen lady

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:16

Well, this has been interesting.  I've got about a month to try and find a bottle of hand sanitizer. Having that on the table is about the best I can do, that and keep my fingers crossed.

#23 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:29

Wrong infection vector - only way a mask will help is if it's surgical (so not the vast majority bought in chemists around the world) and is worn by the person who's just sneezed.

Main vector is touching a surface an infected person has previously touched, then touching your eye, nose, mouth, etc - or just eating by hand after.

Surgical masks are what the vast majority buy at the chemists. N95/100 masks, which fit firmly around the nose/mouth/chin do offer protection from airborne transmission. Best to get the respirator version.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#24 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 13:32

I just attended the LI show and only brought hand sanitizer for me and my partner to use. I didnt wanna leave it out because people have been stealing the stuff because of how hard it is to get. My father had a women steal his CVS store use bottle right from the pharmacy's counter a week ago. Also please note that turn outs will be low at these shows. LI's turnout on Saturday felt more like a slow Sunday afternoon. I decided to not attend the Sunday show especially after I found out NY issued a state of an emergency Saturday evening. 

Edited by GoldenNibs, 09 March 2020 - 13:33.

Sponsored Content

|