The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Best Capless Rollerball That Fits Parker Ballpoint Pens

rollerball parker capless

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 GNL

GNL

GNL

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 21:26

What is the most fluid-writing, smoothest capless rollerball that fits standard Parker-size pens?

Thanks!

Gary

Edited by GNL, 04 March 2020 - 22:03.

Current favorite pen: Montblanc 144 Meisterstuck purchased at Art Brown in 1984. After 25 years, every part has been replaced except the nib. Still a gorgeous writing instrument, rock-solid reliable, gives me hours of pleasure to use.
Current favorite ink: PR Supershow Blue
Current favorite paper: Kokuyo Ice notepads from Japan

Sponsored Content

#2 Theroc

Theroc

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:47

My favorite Parker-type refill is the OHTO PG-805NP gel roller. It is a needlepoint, however.

Non-NP I can recommend the Schneider Gelion 39.

Also worth considering are Schneider's ViscoGlide refills. They are ballpoint refills, but smooth like no BP has any right to be.

#3 brhall

brhall

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2020 - 20:01

I can agree with the Schneider Gelion 39 being good, it's my favourite refill for Parker G2 type pens.

#4 GNL

GNL

GNL

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 19:04

Thanks for the recommendations!  I bought a Schneider Gelion 39.  It's terrific, but the 0.4 width is a bit too narrow for me.  I can't seem to find a wider version of the Gelion.  Does Schneider make one?  If not, who makes the most fluid-writing, smoothest capless rollerball in a width of 0.6 or 0.7 to fit a Parker pen?

Current favorite pen: Montblanc 144 Meisterstuck purchased at Art Brown in 1984. After 25 years, every part has been replaced except the nib. Still a gorgeous writing instrument, rock-solid reliable, gives me hours of pleasure to use.

#5 katerchen

katerchen

Slow and furious

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2020 - 20:24

My favorite Parker-type refill is the OHTO PG-805NP gel roller. It is a needlepoint, however.

Non-NP I can recommend the Schneider Gelion 39.

Also worth considering are Schneider's ViscoGlide refills. They are ballpoint refills, but smooth like no BP has any right to be.

How do these compare to the Easyflow 9000? Completely different ink technology?

#6 Theroc

Theroc

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2020 - 21:28

How do these compare to the Easyflow 9000? Completely different ink technology?

Yes, the Gelion, as the name implies, uses gel-based ink. The Easyflow 9000 is nice, but the gelion is smoother. Also Schneider tips are less likely to fail, in my experience.

#7 katerchen

katerchen

Slow and furious

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• 956 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2020 - 21:51

Schneider

That's what speed reading gets me :P ... my brain jumped to the next word after 'Sch'.

Thank you for the recommendation, now I'll need to try these out too in my Rotring Rapid Pro

#8 GNL

GNL

GNL

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:01

Is it true that the Schneider Gelion 39 come only in the 0.4 width? 

#9 RNHC

RNHC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 16:17

Not a rollerball (liquid ink) but Itoya gel refill is the smoothest Parker G2 compatible refill I've ever used.

#10 emerson

emerson

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:23

Nothing wrong with a Parker G2 Gel, either.

Looking for:
Mid-century and modernist Pelikans & MBs

#11 Drone

Drone

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,446 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:48

Looks like only 0.4 mm...

https://schneiderpen...-4004675019257/

Gelion 39
Ballpoint pen refill - blue
Article No.:103903 | GTIN: 4004675019257
Gelion 39 blue Gel ink refills von Schneider

Product description

Gel refill in ISO format G2 for flowing, vibrantly coloured writing results. Writing colour blue. Line width approx. 0.4 mm. Waterproof and light resistant according to ink standard ISO 27668-2. Fits all Schneider Plug+Play ballpoint pens as well as many other pen types.

Edited by Drone, 01 April 2020 - 01:49.

#12 kaissa

kaissa

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2020 - 18:09

I use Schmidt P8120 in a Kaweco roller. P8120 is not G2 compatible in the sense that you cannot use it in a Jotter but Kaweco Sport roller uses G2 refill and it fits perfect in the Kaweco. Of course it writes amazing compared to strict G2 compatible refills.

Verba volant, littera scripta manet.

#13 Danny Kaffee

Danny Kaffee

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 April 2020 - 05:43

I recently bought some Gelion 39 refills. In my opinion they write wetter/bolder than 0.4. If you gave me one and asked me to give my opinion on width without knowing ahead of time, I would have guessed 0.6. Not quite as bold as a 0.7 but certainly more width than a 0.4 or 0.5.

#14 bill-ho

bill-ho

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 15:42

Both schmidt easyflow and schneider gelion 39 are good. Some may say jetstream 1.0 but it is less saturated color.

#15 NumberSix

NumberSix

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:40

Both schmidt easyflow and schneider gelion 39 are good. Some may say jetstream 1.0 but it is less saturated color.

I have an Easyflow 9000 in one of my Jotters, and I have to say that I do not care for it. It's a nice black line, and it's a lot smoother than Parker BP refill. But I feel like it glops up ink on the tip. Lots of people love this refill, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I ordered some bold-sized Fisher Space Pen ballpoint refills to try. But of course, those aren't rollerballs. (should be pretty smooth, though, if the medium tipped ones are anything to go by)

Edited by NumberSix, 09 May 2020 - 03:42.

#16 Danny Kaffee

Danny Kaffee

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2020 - 17:08

I have an Easyflow 9000 in one of my Jotters, and I have to say that I do not care for it. It's a nice black line, and it's a lot smoother than Parker BP refill. But I feel like it glops up ink on the tip. Lots of people love this refill, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I ordered some bold-sized Fisher Space Pen ballpoint refills to try. But of course, those aren't rollerballs. (should be pretty smooth, though, if the medium tipped ones are anything to go by)

I too found the Easyflow 9000 to be less than ideal. Like you, I think it's much better than a standard Jotter refill, but it doesn't compare to the best gel and liquid ink refills that are Parker ballpoint style.

#17 adamselene

adamselene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 868 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 02:06

Not a rollerball (liquid ink) but Itoya gel refill is the smoothest Parker G2 compatible refill I've ever used.

This is my Favorite for non-FPs.

It is smooth and reliable.  it is transparent, and 98/100 times if it skips, its empty and done.

I like the NP.

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

#18 alexwi

alexwi

If you're not inside, you're outside.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2020 - 22:47

I didn't believe there was such a thing as too smooth until I tried this cartridge. It's like writing on glass. Made me realize the role played by friction on one's ability to control the pen.

Alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rollerball, parker, capless

Sponsored Content

|