Best Capless Rollerball That Fits Parker Ballpoint Pens

What is the most fluid-writing, smoothest capless rollerball that fits standard Parker-size pens?

Thanks!

Gary

Edited by GNL

Current favorite pen: Montblanc 144 Meisterstuck purchased at Art Brown in 1984. After decades, every part has been replaced except the nib. Still a gorgeous writing instrument, rock-solid reliable, gives me hours of pleasure to use.

Current favorite ink: Colorverse Supernovs

Current favorite paper: Romeo notepads

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GNL

• katerchen

• Danny Kaffee

• Theroc

My favorite Parker-type refill is the OHTO PG-805NP gel roller. It is a needlepoint, however.

Non-NP I can recommend the Schneider Gelion 39.

Also worth considering are Schneider's ViscoGlide refills. They are ballpoint refills, but smooth like no BP has any right to be.

I can agree with the Schneider Gelion 39 being good, it's my favourite refill for Parker G2 type pens.

Thanks for the recommendations! I bought a Schneider Gelion 39. It's terrific, but the 0.4 width is a bit too narrow for me. I can't seem to find a wider version of the Gelion. Does Schneider make one? If not, who makes the most fluid-writing, smoothest capless rollerball in a width of 0.6 or 0.7 to fit a Parker pen?

Current favorite pen: Montblanc 144 Meisterstuck purchased at Art Brown in 1984. After decades, every part has been replaced except the nib. Still a gorgeous writing instrument, rock-solid reliable, gives me hours of pleasure to use.

My favorite Parker-type refill is the OHTO PG-805NP gel roller. It is a needlepoint, however.

Non-NP I can recommend the Schneider Gelion 39.

Also worth considering are Schneider's ViscoGlide refills. They are ballpoint refills, but smooth like no BP has any right to be.

How do these compare to the Easyflow 9000? Completely different ink technology?

How do these compare to the Easyflow 9000? Completely different ink technology?

Yes, the Gelion, as the name implies, uses gel-based ink. The Easyflow 9000 is nice, but the gelion is smoother. Also Schneider tips are less likely to fail, in my experience.

Schneider

That's what speed reading gets me :P ... my brain jumped to the next word after 'Sch'.

Thank you for the recommendation, now I'll need to try these out too in my Rotring Rapid Pro

Is it true that the Schneider Gelion 39 come only in the 0.4 width?

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with a Parker G2 Gel, either.

Looking for:
Mid-century and modernist Pelikans & MBs

Looks like only 0.4 mm...

https://schneiderpen.com/en_us/gel-ink-refills/gelion-39-blue-m-4004675019257/

Gelion 39

Ballpoint pen refill - blue

Article No.:103903 | GTIN: 4004675019257

Gelion 39 blue Gel ink refills von Schneider

Product description

Gel refill in ISO format G2 for flowing, vibrantly coloured writing results. Writing colour blue. Line width approx. 0.4 mm. Waterproof and light resistant according to ink standard ISO 27668-2. Fits all Schneider Plug+Play ballpoint pens as well as many other pen types.

Edited by Drone

• 4 weeks later...

I use Schmidt P8120 in a Kaweco roller. P8120 is not G2 compatible in the sense that you cannot use it in a Jotter but Kaweco Sport roller uses G2 refill and it fits perfect in the Kaweco. Of course it writes amazing compared to strict G2 compatible refills.

Verba volant, littera scripta manet.

I recently bought some Gelion 39 refills. In my opinion they write wetter/bolder than 0.4. If you gave me one and asked me to give my opinion on width without knowing ahead of time, I would have guessed 0.6. Not quite as bold as a 0.7 but certainly more width than a 0.4 or 0.5.

• 2 weeks later...

Both schmidt easyflow and schneider gelion 39 are good. Some may say jetstream 1.0 but it is less saturated color.

Both schmidt easyflow and schneider gelion 39 are good. Some may say jetstream 1.0 but it is less saturated color.

I have an Easyflow 9000 in one of my Jotters, and I have to say that I do not care for it. It's a nice black line, and it's a lot smoother than Parker BP refill. But I feel like it glops up ink on the tip. Lots of people love this refill, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I ordered some bold-sized Fisher Space Pen ballpoint refills to try. But of course, those aren't rollerballs. (should be pretty smooth, though, if the medium tipped ones are anything to go by)

Edited by NumberSix

I have an Easyflow 9000 in one of my Jotters, and I have to say that I do not care for it. It's a nice black line, and it's a lot smoother than Parker BP refill. But I feel like it glops up ink on the tip. Lots of people love this refill, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I ordered some bold-sized Fisher Space Pen ballpoint refills to try. But of course, those aren't rollerballs. (should be pretty smooth, though, if the medium tipped ones are anything to go by)

I too found the Easyflow 9000 to be less than ideal. Like you, I think it's much better than a standard Jotter refill, but it doesn't compare to the best gel and liquid ink refills that are Parker ballpoint style.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a rollerball (liquid ink) but Itoya gel refill is the smoothest Parker G2 compatible refill I've ever used.

This is my Favorite for non-FPs.

It is smooth and reliable. it is transparent, and 98/100 times if it skips, its empty and done.

I like the NP.

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

I didn't believe there was such a thing as too smooth until I tried this cartridge. It's like writing on glass. Made me realize the role played by friction on one's ability to control the pen.

Alex

---------------------------------------------------------

We use our phones more than our pens.....

and the world is a worse place for it. - markh