The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

♥ Twsbi Eco In Yellow! ♥

twsbi eco yellow ink requests

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 taimdala

taimdala

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2020 - 23:20

My preordered TWBI ECO  in yellow arrived in the mail today. YAY!!!

I was thrilled to see that it wasn't a dull orange-yellow or an eye-stabbing neon yellow, nor yet a depressing school bus yellow (which never fails to look dingy to my eye).

Nope!

What I have is a sunny cheerful yellow. See it below!

49615974392_b2ff2d5a18.jpg

Now I just have to ink this pretty pen up ... but though I would like to use a yellow to yellow-orange ink (but nothing mustard-like) I don't know which ink I should use.

Would anyone like to offer up any suggestions as to which ink I can pair up with my new pen? Please and thank you!

Edited by taimdala, 03 March 2020 - 23:21.

Sponsored Content

#2 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,015 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:02

KWZI El Dorado

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#3 GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:04

Beautiful color!  Congratulations!

Posted Image

#4 Larry Barrieau

Larry Barrieau

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:05

Yellow ink is quite difficult to see.  Use it's compliment - Violet

To better see my icon     http://fpnlcb.shutterfly.com/pictures

Looking for a black SJ Transitional Esterbrook Pen.  (It's smaller than an sj)

#5 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2020 - 15:46

Diamine Sunshine Yellow? Diamine Amber? Iroshizuku Yu-Yake?

#6 JerseyGirl0807

JerseyGirl0807

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2020 - 16:56

Ordered mine yesterday. I was thinking about Diamine Golden Sands. It is a shimmering ink which may or may not be an issue.

Lorraine

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.
Thomas A. Edison

#7 taimdala

taimdala

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2020 - 14:13

Thank you for replying, everyone. ^_^

KWZI El Dorado

Oh, hey, that sounds like a neat ink. I'll have to look for it. I'll bet it's been reviewed here.  Thank you for the suggestion, Runnin_Ute. ^_^

Beautiful color!  Congratulations!

Thank you, GardenWeasel!

Yellow ink is quite difficult to see.  Use it's compliment - Violet

Oh, that's a good point. I should have thought of that. Hmm ... which violet should I use, then?

Diamine Sunshine Yellow? Diamine Amber? Iroshizuku Yu-Yake?

Ooh, Sunshine Yellow! I've seen that color and I think I have a sample of it somewhere. I remember it's a really bright yellow. Diamine Amber and Ir. Yu-Yake are two I will have to look up. All three sound divine!

Ordered mine yesterday. I was thinking about Diamine Golden Sands. It is a shimmering ink which may or may not be an issue.

Lorraine

I was thinking of this too! I thought I could very carefully draw ink from the top of the bottle *without* getting any shimmer and then I'd be set. If there is any drawback to the TWSBI Eco--and it's a very small, practically insignificant drawback--is that there isn't any way to bypass the nib and feed to get to the ink chamber without disassembling the pen at the back end. Compare this to my Diamond 580, where I can unscrew the feed and squirt ink into the chamber with a blunt syringe. It's a simpler method but I adore my Ecos because they aren't fussy and write so well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, eco, yellow, ink, requests

Sponsored Content

|