The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Duchess Of York Montegrappa Line

italian pens montegrappa

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Olya

Olya

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 March 2020 - 21:18

Sarah, Duchess of York has released 1 fountain pen model in 3 colours (blue, yellow, orange) with Montegrappa.

It's a limited edition and only 100 pens are available of each colour.

From the website:

"Duchess of York - Visions of Nature

Brilliant colours and joyous detailing evoke the natural kingdoms of Ocean, Forest and Garden. In these places of solace and inspiration, beauty lies idly… awaiting discovery. Writer and humanitarian, Sarah, Duchess of York, reflects on nature’s wonders in a rare collaboration. Pretty, sterling silver friezes fuse with effervescent celluloid in a silhouette abundant with lively, feminine charm."

Costs 1,995€.

Nib sizes: EF F M B BB STI

18k nib, 925 sterling silver trim, celluloid, piston filler, fairly heavy at 66g.

Looks actually nice, especially for Montegrappa (some of the pens they've released are not very... pretty...).

https://www.montegra...fyork-1191.html

https://www.instagra.../p/B9OsA4AFGM8/

https://www.dailymai...cost-1-742.html

Sponsored Content

#2 AGxM

AGxM

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2020 - 02:32

Shame it has her monikor on it......

#3 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Ageless with time

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2020 - 05:19

Shame it has her monikor on it......

LOL!  

Wouldn't you want to be immortalized with a fountain pen?  

Actually, then pens look quite nice, except they seem pretty heavy at 66gm.  

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#4 Intensity

Intensity

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 March 2020 - 17:15

It does have the traditional Montegrappa shape, and I like the various engravings.  Unfortunately the barrel colors make the design look so generic for me :(  Just at a glance, there are lots of Parker Duofold-style pens with flat ends, black color finial, section, and end of cap, and a pop of color on the barrel.  I wish they would have done something different with that extended black plastic section.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

#5 Inkysloth

Inkysloth

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,116 posts

Posted 07 March 2020 - 09:45

The promo photo of Fergie on the website, where shes holding the three pens and grimacing is... quite something!

Instagram @inkysloth 
My website http://inkysloth.moonfruit.com/

#6 Intensity

Intensity

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 March 2020 - 16:05

That's not a grimace, that's definitely an attempted smile ;)

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

#7 pecolli

pecolli

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:18

I really thought this was a joke until I looked at the website.

I don't have a Montegrappa, but how bad must there business be for them to sink to this level?

I had thought the Duchess of Y was toxic to a brand....are they trying a big (and cheap) push into China?

#8 fpupulin

fpupulin

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,196 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 04:07

I do not recognize the celluloid used for the blue version of this pen. Surely it is not the Turquoise, which is lighter and more... turquoise, but it does not seem to be the Mediterranean Blue either. Anyway, it is quite a pretty shadow of blue, with a lot of deepness and light. I hope that Montegrappa will use it on other models too in the future.

#9 MoriartyR

MoriartyR

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:53

The pens look very nice. It’s just a shame that they will have this association with Sarah Ferguson’s need for cash and some free pens. I find it hard to believe anyone in Britain would wish to buy this but I suppose Montegrappa must believe that the association will increase sales of the pen or add lustre to their brand overall. Or maybe they just don’t read the newspapers.

Incidentally, Sarah’s ex-husband, Prince Andrew is in dire need of a PR distraction right now so perhaps Visconti should call him to one-up Montegrappa. Also her nephew, Prince Harry needs money and lots of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: italian pens, montegrappa

Sponsored Content

|