Souped Up Bic Pen

jebib111

Is anyone aware of any penmeisters have made a platform (pen) upon which a crystal bic could be inserted? I've always liked the delivery system but not it's platform.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatline

• jet9

• ISW_Kaputnik

• usk15

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good old Sharpie:

In this case it is a Paper Matte Inkjoy refill, but works with Bic too...

31521292690_0378176579_b.jpg

I have a few of the Baux pens and they are great quality and kind of fun. I backed them on Kickstarter. They do make good gifts.

• 4 months later...

I think I'll get me one of the Baux pens. I've been slowly using up the Bic pens I find around the house, this will make it a little more fun, especially considering that some of the bodies are the really cheap feeling plastic.

Is anyone aware of any penmeisters have made a platform (pen) upon which a crystal bic could be inserted? I've always liked the delivery system but not it's platform.

Purchased fifteen..hm..perhaps longer............................ years ago this Otis..Ag and it will accommodate your classic Bic Cristal or

the mundane Bic Round Stic.......'Twas inexpensive...under forty bucks....................One on the left side with cap off.

fpn_1595040973__1022.jpg

Fred

Funny coincidence, I had a baux pen in my hand when I opened this thread. I'll echo the good build quality and fun factor.

A crazy idea (or not) could be to make (turn or carve/whittle) your own bic holder since the construction is relatively simple.

Good old Sharpie:

In this case it is a Paper Matte Inkjoy refill, but works with Bic too...

31521292690_0378176579_b.jpg

That is awesome!

If we're ever allowed to go back to the office, I have a mostly dried out sharpie marker in my desk. I'll put a ballpoint refill in it and see if I like using it that way.

Those Baux pens look pretty neat!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I discovered that I had 30+ Bic stick pens of various sorts scattered around the house, so I went ahead and placed an order for some Bauxpen hosts. I'll let you all know what I think once I get them.

I'm impressed that even though the Bic pens I found around the house must be years old, they all write just fine. Not bad for a $0.10 pen...

Not bad for a $0.10 pen...

I wish I could say the same. I had an aversion for the bic Cristal ever since I was a little kid.

I bookmarked that site when you first posted this. I'd consider getting one, especially if their custom print job would allow for just leaving the pen blank; the large lettering is a bit of an eyesore, but otherwise they are quite attractive. And I do have some Bic Cristals around, although I'd be happy enough just giving them away as occasions arise.

What puts me off a bit is the cap, which looks like something that just came off a regular Bic Stick. Surely they could have come up with something a little more in line with the rest of the pen. Although I suppose if you lose it, you could probably buy a Bic that had that kind of cap.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

No logo is an option. That's what I chose when I ordered mine. I'll let you know tomorrow when they arrive.