The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor White Russian L.e.

sailor white russian cocktail

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 February 2020 - 14:14

This beauty arrived today! Ive not been tempted by any others in the cocktail series, but I had wanted one of Sailors translucent Walnut coloured pens. This has (I think) the same colour body and section and finial as the Walnut, but with a rich creamy beige solid-coloured cap - and is half the price.

Its quite difficult to judge the cap colour from photos, but in life its exactly like cream on a coffee - I think theyve done a great job with the colours on this pen. Plus they go so well with the rich gold of Sailors nibs - love it.

It is a Europe-only exclusive - The Writing Desk in the UK has a good deal on it at the moment.

26E01119-750B-4CC0-B958-B90235884108.jpeg

53C2610A-2D41-47EB-993F-F44EAC35E5C7.jpeg

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Sponsored Content

#2 Driften

Driften

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2020 - 02:58

That is a really nice pen!

#3 tinta

tinta

otthon vagyok

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2020 - 04:42

The barrel colour reminds me of amber,... apt for Russia.  Pro-Gear Slim size or standard Pro-Gear? 

Congrats & enjoy in good health.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14c. H-B "M" BLS (PB) *2 Sailor 1911-M Burgundy/gold pens: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c. (factory) "H-B" *2 Kaweco SPECIAL fountain pens: 14c."M" "B",-0.5 mm & 0.7 mm stubs (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "B" -0.6 mm. stub (PB) *Montblanc 254, 14c. "BB" (1.1 mm?) flügelfeder factory stub

#4 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 March 2020 - 11:01

Thank you, Driften and Tinta! It is the Pro-Gear Slim, hence the cheaper price, but I find that size perfectly comfortable and I’ve got quite large hands for a woman.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

#5 JulieParadise

JulieParadise

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2020 - 07:56

A very nice looking pen, congrats!

Moranga in Berlin still has one, I think. I was dancing around it for a while and still can only barely manage to NOT get it as I have to be a bit more frugal at the moment. So, please, can someone get it so that I do not have to think about it anymore!  :lticaptd:

#6 WLSpec

WLSpec

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2020 - 12:36

Wow, nice! Wonderful color there

#7 Nikaa

Nikaa

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:51

This beauty arrived today! Ive not been tempted by any others in the cocktail series, but I had wanted one of Sailors translucent Walnut coloured pens. This has (I think) the same colour body and section and finial as the Walnut, but with a rich creamy beige solid-coloured cap - and is half the price.

Congratulations!  How is your feeling about that pen right now? :) 

I'm also thinking about this pen. Once I saw it in person, but didn't fall in love (lucky for my wallet) but... I feel more and more at I want a brown pen and something different ;) And ok, white russian is great drink and I like it (as I'm not 'drinks' person hahaha)

I do like Walnuts Sailor :) 

I have decided to go for another Sailor (I have to, both with medium nib, little too broad for me, need EF or F, but they are great!). And I almost decided for 1911s demo (I saw only pictures but... soon my retailer will have one, just for me, I guess it will help to decide but... still I have some doubts - maybe White russian ?(found store in eu). What to do?  :lol:  :lticaptd:  B)  ;)

#8 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,400 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2020 - 00:52

Thanks, Nikaa (sorry, only just seen your post!)

Well, it’s still a lovely pen, still great Sailor quality, what’s not to love?

But if you saw it and didn’t fall in love, maybe it’s not the one for you. Pensachi always have a great variety of models, have you looked at their site?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, white russian, cocktail

Sponsored Content

|