The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

[Mini Review] Lamy Turmaline 2020 L.e. Ink

lamy turmaline ink review

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 85AKbN

85AKbN

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 08:22

A great effort - Thanks!

:)

Sponsored Content

#22 cgreenberg19

cgreenberg19

Pen-Obsessor

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 March 2020 - 15:24

Very pretty ink. In my experience it's very similar to Lamy Crystal Amazonite, with a bit less sheen.

#23 85AKbN

85AKbN

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:38

Pic of a few lines / fills - nib:  Esterbrook  14 Bank.

C2oR0tx.jpg

#24 TheVintagelife

TheVintagelife

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:09

Wow! want to see what your 'full' reviews look like! Its wonderful and informative, and the comparisons are excellent. Many thanks. 

It seems like Monteverde California teal may be similar (and Diamine Aurora Borealis may be bluer than this).  What you said about this ink (;its greener than any teal ink I've tried') has also been said (or similar observations) by those who reviewed the California Teal. I'm interested one of this type of green, but its hard to get samples in India....

Edited by TheVintagelife, 23 March 2020 - 12:10.

#25 Intensity

Intensity

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 March 2020 - 14:02

Its like a blue-shifted green in daylight. Because the sheen in red-magenta in color, and the ink sheens easily, the sheen can cancel out the greenness of the ink in artificial indoor light, so the writing looks less green and more bluish teal. Depends on paper, pen, amount of ink used, and amount of sheen. On Tomoe River this effect is prominent. On a Goulet Pens video showcasing this ink, its noted to be even more green than Lamy Amazonite.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, turmaline, ink, review

Sponsored Content

|