The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sailor Kop Le Tamenuri Midoridame

sailor midoridame

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura FP Gallery

Sakura FP Gallery

Sakura FP Gallery

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 15:21

The second limited edition KOP in tamenuri: the Midoridame. Mr. Kousen Nishihara-san realized 88 KOP pens in a translucent tamenuri finish. The pen received a deep patina by lacquering the amber-colored suki-urushi over a special middle layer color. The result is a deep moss tone that will lighten and mature with use over time.

https://www.sakurafo...limited-edition

sailor-kop-midoritame-725.png

Each pen is lacquered and signed by Kousen Nishihara and is delivered in a black piano lacquered box with convertor, cartridge, kimono, polishing cloth, and certificate. Only 88 pieces for the world! Reserve yours. They are available from next week!

Catherine Van Hove

www.sakurafountainpengallery.com

Koning Albertstraat 72b - 3290 DIest - Belgium

Sponsored Content

#2 TexasCollector

TexasCollector

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2020 - 18:00

Its early August 2020 now, and I just ordered one yesterday. It looks like there are just a couple left on the open market. Sailors marketing of it usually show it with the cap off, displaying its best feature the convergence of shades of brown, green, and gold all nestled in the nib area (the gold nib and brown and green on the barrel just below the nib. Its like cracking open an agate rock and finding a colorful inside. Its hard to pin down whats so pleasing about this combination of colors all in the nib area. The long barrel, otherwise all brown, seems to offset the splash of color and provide a simple, soothing background and base, almost like the stem of a flower. Theres something to be said for the pens appeal being a function of its imitating nature.

#3 TitoThePencilPimp

TitoThePencilPimp

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2020 - 23:58

Really nice pen. Out of my budget, but I do like the way the colors blend. Rather unique imo.

#4 MoriartyR

MoriartyR

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:33

This is beautiful. But I’m glad it appears to be sold out everywhere - it is too tempting and too expensive,

#5 Rosendust

Rosendust

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2020 - 17:58

This is beautiful. But I’m glad it appears to be sold out everywhere - it is too tempting and too expensive,

I wholeheartedly agree

“Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart."

-Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, midoridame

Sponsored Content

|