The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Holy Nazionale! Get A Grip On Montegrappa From Chatterley Luxuries

montegrappa closeout

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:39

Ready, set, go...

https://chatterleylu...n-fountain-pen/

I'd was sorely tempted and have gotten good Aurora from Bryant plus this looks like a deal o da year  :yikes:

but i haz many pens and pens and penz :gaah:

Plus the Nazionale flex looks a bit heavy with all the sterling silver furniture

Sponsored Content

#2 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 February 2020 - 17:32

Some errors on that site... The photos and narrative state 14K, but the "additional information" tab says 18K.

I'm tempted... But I've got some $600 already on pre-orders...

#3 Vicary

Vicary

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:05

Earlier in the week Massdrop had the Nero Uno Grande for $199...down from $800-ish. Montegrappa must be clearing out some of the not so great sellers from the last few years...

#4 peroride

peroride

Write now, enjoy pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:35

I'm only learning now how crazy the markup is. That closeout is like over 60 percent off!

#5 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,557 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:33

Meh. The standard 14k JoWo semiflex nib that has underwhelmed the world doesn't do much to sell that pen for me.

I'd take an aurora optima flex any day over it.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#6 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,447 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 16:26

That is QUITE a markdown.  And at least it appears to be a "normal" fountain pen (as opposed to some of Montegrappa's monstrosities -- yes, Chaos Pen, I'm looking at you... B)).  But still way too rich for my blood....  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montegrappa, closeout

Sponsored Content

|