The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Long Island Pen Show Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 19:46

Anyone planning to attend the LI show in a few weeks? Im gonna be vending for the third time this year. Its always a fun show and recommend stopping by if you are in the area. 

Sponsored Content

#2 KingsCountyWriter

KingsCountyWriter

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 21:46

I'm excited to attend! It'll be my second pen show ever and my first on LI!

#3 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2020 - 21:56

I'm excited to attend! It'll be my second pen show ever and my first on LI!

I really enjoy the venue they use as it has a lot of overhead windows and when its sunny out you get a lot of natural light coming in along with the overhead lighting. Makes looking at pens easier. 

#4 noyesville

noyesville

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 February 2020 - 14:35

Looking forward to it.  We've skipped a few years, so it is sort of a homecoming.  Come on by my table and gab a bit--love talking pens with folks.  Dave Silber, Noyesville Pens

#5 Orthostylos

Orthostylos

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 19:43

Looking forward to it... a lot, closest pen show to me.

#6 Bagpiper

Bagpiper

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 21:40

Absolutely

#7 Estragon

Estragon

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 21:17

I'll have a table there for the 3rd yr running. Here's hoping I can get more than 3-4 hrs of sleep this time around!  :lol:

Edited by Estragon, 02 March 2020 - 21:18.

aka popcod (FPGeeks)

WANTED: Vintage Pens with White Metal Trim! —> Sheaffer: Jr. Truncated (blue & black); OS Balance w/ reverse trim (grey/red vein) | Balance (grey/red fleck); Canadian Balance 5-30 (roseglow, green, ebonized pearl); First-Yr Crest (silver cap) | Waterman: Lady Patricia (black ink vue, persian) | Wahl-Eversharp: "half" Coronet (rhodium cap); Doric (Cathay); Skyline (SS/Sterling Cap) | Rebadged Parkers: Diamond Medal, Webster, etc. (silver web, pinstripe, etc.)

#8 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2020 - 21:28

I'll have a table there for the 3rd yr running. Here's hoping I can get more than 3-4 hrs of sleep this time around!  :lol:

The past few weeks I have been getting my ducks in a row. Fixing pens in my to do pile for the show and testing pens. I'll have inky fingers till Saturday. lol See you there.

#9 KingsCountyWriter

KingsCountyWriter

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2020 - 00:23

Edited by KingsCountyWriter, 04 March 2020 - 03:10.

#10 pmitc34947

pmitc34947

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2020 - 09:20

I can't wait! This will be my first pen show and I am thrilled!

#11 Barry Gabay

Barry Gabay

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 15:41

Attending Saturday only. After more than 30 years of going to pen shows, this will be my first LI show. Looking forward to it. 

#12 Terry Brack

Terry Brack

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:23

Cunaf3.jpg

Partial list of Exhibitors

Richard Binder-Richards Pens
Jim Baer- Monamoy Pens
Indy-Pen_Dance -Linda and Mike Kennedy
Federalist Pens
Toys from the Attic
Bittner Pens
Fountain Pen Hospital
Kenro Industries -featuring Aurora and Esterbrook Pens
Taccia Pens
Nick Pang
Jonathan Steinberg
Lightbringer Designs-Wax Seals
Bob Novac

Jason Lee - Urushi Pens

and much more

#13 Terry Brack

Terry Brack

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:29

Taccia will be showing their new ink 

lO0EVG.jpg
8cjg2N.jpg
xAJ8OR.jpg

#14 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 19:46

Taccia! I wasn't able to attend this year. Who went to this show? How was it?

#15 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 20:12

Taccia! I wasn't able to attend this year. Who went to this show? How was it?

Terry always puts on a great show and this year he did a great job despite the virus scare. The virus definitely effected turnout as there was not as many vendors and buyers as previous years. I actually ended up with Binder's usual spot because he did not show up along with a few others. Some neat things did show up and FPH came out with their usual bag of pens. I did end up with some nice additions to my collection and sold a few pens to some great people. I also met a great pen guy that was next to me named Wes. I did not show up Sunday though because NY issued a state of emergency so I cannot give any info on how the show was that day.  

#16 markofp

markofp

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 22:07

Sunday was very slow, unfortunately, I would say maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the usual attendance. Some vendors were packing up early. It was great for those who braved the bug, I got a pen adjusted by Linda Kennedy with hardly any wait, worth the trip by itself. Richard Binder didn't show because Barbara was feeling under the weather (just a bad cold, thank God). I miss seeing Brian and Lisa Anderson, but they are out of the "pen show" thing these days.  And as usual for this show, a large ink-sample table with no place to actually buy the ink you like, unless it was Noodler's. 

I find as the years go by that I am spending less and less time at this show. It seems to skew towards vintage and collectable, whereas I am more of a latest-and-greatest person who also spends his money on ink, stationary and accessories. I hope it snaps back next year. 

#17 Terry Brack

Terry Brack

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:22

Sunday was very slow, unfortunately, I would say maybe 1/4 to 1/2 of the usual attendance. Some vendors were packing up early. It was great for those who braved the bug, I got a pen adjusted by Linda Kennedy with hardly any wait, worth the trip by itself. Richard Binder didn't show because Barbara was feeling under the weather (just a bad cold, thank God). I miss seeing Brian and Lisa Anderson, but they are out of the "pen show" thing these days.  And as usual for this show, a large ink-sample table with no place to actually buy the ink you like, unless it was Noodler's. 

I find as the years go by that I am spending less and less time at this show. It seems to skew towards vintage and collectable, whereas I am more of a latest-and-greatest person who also spends his money on ink, stationary and accessories. I hope it snaps back next year. 

Whoa there partner, only a few exhibitors did not show up and they were vintage only folks. While the Andersons have not made it back for two years in a row because they are cutting back on shows in general, you had Federalist pens for inks, and modern pens, Kenro Enterprises with plenty of modern pens like Auroa and the new Esterbrook, Bittner Pens with the latest and greatist, Taccia with some lovely Urushi and less expensive Sailor made pens and fantastic new inks, Fountain Pen Hospital as well as a bevy of new pen turners as well as some returning folks like Ira Fischer. There was also an abundance of Paper and ink.  Who else do you want to see at the show?

#18 pmitc34947

pmitc34947

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 05:11

For a pen show virgin, I thoroughly enjoyed myself! I attended both days, though I did hear attendance was lower than in past years due to the corona virus scare. I added a green Aurora Ipsilon, extra fine and a Parker vacumatic major, exta fine and some much needed pen cases to my collection. It was nice to meet the vendors with their loads of beautiful pens. So much fun!

#19 GoldenNibs

GoldenNibs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 13:28

There was definitely a lot of paper and modern pens to be honest. Maybe not as many new pen sellers as the Philly show but enough to balance it out. I completely forgot to pick up a fountain pen friendly notebook and some ink.

#20 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 13:49

I'm the opposite! Beginning to collect and repair vintage pens, beaters especially welcome. I have enough paper for now, I think...yeah, only five shelves full.

We have not been to the show in a couple of years. I was sorry to miss it.

Sponsored Content

|