Inky T O D - Show Us Your Dark Green Inks

amberleadavis

So, I received an email - but not a PM - so I can't send a message back. Here was the request:

I want to venture beyond the typical, safe Parker Quink Black and Waterman Serenity Blue inks that I have used for a while now. From what I've seen online so far, I would really like to adopt a green ink as my signature color.

However, because there are so many options out there, I do not know what to get. Luckily, I stumbled upon your post where you professed your love for green ink (link: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/182938-dark-green-ink/page-3) and I would really appreciate it if you could recommend to me a (or even some) green ink(s).

What I'm looking for a rich, dark green that does not lean towards emerald or teal. Perhaps with a wet pen, such a dark green could even come across as nearly black. However, I don't like green-black inks that give off a dirty/mossy tone like Noodler's Zhivago, for instance.

After browsing the Internet, it seems like Private Reserve's Ebonite Green would fit the bill. Unfortunately, since the owner passed away, this ink will not be widely available anymore. What would you recommend?

Now, in the signature are links to some other colors, like GREEN, but yes, DARK Green is not the same as GREEN.

So, let's show some love. Share some pictures of your Dark Green inks along with your thoughts and recommendations.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• awa54

• lgsoltek

• Eclipse157

So, first off, this ink is the lightest ink we should include here and it is one of my favorites. And a nice comparison from Errant Smudge.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/07-July/slides/2016-07-04_01.jpg

Also, I understand that the PR inks have a new owner and that the recipes were preserved.

large.2016-07-04_01.jpg.c80d5a6a9b01b88ea06d01fbd4215fbb.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_2285.jpg

post-132891-0-66091900-1482449617.jpg

large.2014-Ink_2285.jpg.14b1893cc6e9aa208a66983fdddcddd7.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

4/29/21 updated

2014-Ink_580-Noodlers_VMail_GIGreen.jpg

I do adore the KWZI Green IG inks.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/2015-Ink_0034.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2015-Inklings/2015-Ink_0005w.jpg

More from Errant Smudge and Jan2016

fpn_1489523220__montverde_green.jpg

fpn_1507738772__sailor_tokiwa-matsu.jpgfpn_1511629042__diamine_golden_ivy.jpgfpn_1511693544__deatramentis_pine_green_fpn_1511709882__noodlers_hunter_green.jpfpn_1511800835__diamine_green_umber.jpgfpn_1511806788__bungu_box_dandyism.jpgfpn_1511868530__kwz_ink_foggy_green.jpg

Yet more from Jan2016 and Errant Smudge.

fpn_1521987938__birmingham_thicket_green

fpn_1522009430__mv_jade_noir.jpg

A few more, but just as swabs... I really like Monteverde green and Noodler's Hunter green, the Hunter is a bit problematic as are many Eternal inks, but "worth it" for the most part.

I think my bottle of Zhivago has aged poorly, I remember it being more definitely green, hence the double swab; one before and one after a vigorous shake.

post-152308-0-33111500-1582167101_thumb.jpg

Edited by awa54

David-

So many restoration projects...

Hummmm The last time I heard that will the Original Owner of Private Reserve had died it is now under NEW MANAGEMENT, so your favorite Private Reserve inks should be available.

OK onward to GREEN INKS!! I love Private Reserve's "Spearmint", and is the one I use. While I don't have them there is Private Reserve's "Sherwood Green", and Private Reserve "DC Supershow Green". If you are GREEN Junkie Private Reserve issued a LIMITED EDITION green ink just last year called "Apple Green". "Sherwood Green" would be my alternate Green.

Monteverde is another ink I have grown to love as it is a lubricated ink. A green ink that they produce I am dying to try is their Yosemite Green which is a DEEP but TRUE GREEN

Edited by azbobcat

Hmmm I just got a bottle... How old are we talking?

more than ten years.

Upon closer inspection, it had a gritty precipitate in the bottom of the bottle... It went away :(

Edited by awa54

David-

So many restoration projects...

I hope the person who emailed me checks in. I'm ready to ink up and send a letter.

Im so glad you included Monteverde Jade Noir! Its one of my favorite inks - well behaved, smooth flow, and suitable for work.

[ETA apostrophe that my autocorrect seems to hate.]

Yet more from Jan2016 and Errant Smudge.

fpn_1521987938__birmingham_thicket_green

fpn_1522009430__mv_jade_noir.jpg

Edited by JanisOnTheFarmette

• 1 year later...

large.2016-06-30_15.jpg.74fbd390658baa5af71459262f7981ab.jpg

large.2016-06-30_16.jpg.df1e97ed7a67009f88577debd52e803d.jpg