The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Inks And Intrinsic Beauty

robert oster green estie esterbrook icicle

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 essayfaire

essayfaire

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2020 - 16:03

I almost never try to match ink and barrel colors (one of the exceptions is my M400 Brown Tortoise, and I keep THREATENING to put Noodler's Navajo Turquoise in it sometime instead of a brown ink, except I like Edelstein Smoky Quartz too much  :rolleyes:).  I DO, however, sometimes pick inks on the basis of what I think will look good coming out of a specific pen.  And if I don't like an ink color at all I try to find it a new home -- or at least grit my teeth and use up the sample vial, knowing that once it's gone, it's gone, and I never have to use it again....
As to the pen in the OP's photo?  Maybe a brown or dark red ink.  Purple would be nice, too (I hesitate to recommend pink because I don't know if the OP is a "pink" sort of person or not.   
Of course, black ink goes with everything.
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

So perhaps I was too quick to declare myself a non-pink person. On a lark, inspired by your response, I picked up a sample of Oster Pink Glitz. I love it in the pen; it is muted by saturated and has a brownishness to it. Apologies for the photo quality. I will be buying this ink. Thanks!

Attached Images

• pinkglitz.jpg

Festina lente

Sponsored Content

#22 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,010 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 March 2020 - 19:22

Reading back through this thread just now, it occurred to me that I have one ink of which I dislike the color of a lot -- Noodler's Luck of the Draw LE (from the Baltimore-Washington Pen Show from a couple of years ago).  But it works well in the Noodler's Boston Safety pen....  :rolleyes:   Which (rather annoyingly) Kung Te Cheng did NOT....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#23 essayfaire

essayfaire

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2020 - 18:04

Reading back through this thread just now, it occurred to me that I have one ink of which I dislike the color of a lot -- Noodler's Luck of the Draw LE (from the Baltimore-Washington Pen Show from a couple of years ago).  But it works well in the Noodler's Boston Safety pen....  :rolleyes:   Which (rather annoyingly) Kung Te Cheng did NOT....

Interesting that that, too, is a green....

Festina lente

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: robert oster, green, estie, esterbrook, icicle

Sponsored Content

|