The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Tuned Sailor Pens

sailor tuned modified stores international

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The-Thinker

The-Thinker

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:47

Any good recommendations of pen shops that ship internationally and are sailor pen dealers, which also have an option to modify the nib/feed to your personal preference ? share your experience ! 

Sponsored Content

#2 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,821 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 13:15

Nibsmith.com sells Sailor fountain pens, will ship internationally, and Dan Smith does excellent nib work in my experience, although I've only bought Pelikan and Aurora pens from him (precisely because his nib work was included in the price) but not Sailor pens.

You'll have to confirm with Dan whether Nibsmith.com is an authorised Sailor pen dealer. I see some pens that are "Only for authorized Sailor North American Retailers" listed there, but that's not really conclusive proof.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#3 Iscribe

Iscribe

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 14:26

I recommend nibs.com. Excellent nib tuning in my opinion.

#4 The-Thinker

The-Thinker

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 17:55

thank you so much for the recommendation, are there any other shops like Japanese shops ?

#5 Sashku

Sashku

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:37

If you are okay ordering from overseas, I've found that the Writing Desk are able to get it where you want. I get my Sailors from them. 

thewritingdesk.co.uk 

They are a B&M and official Sailor retailer. Send them an email if you like. 

#6 The-Thinker

The-Thinker

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2020 - 13:16

If you are okay ordering from overseas, I've found that the Writing Desk are able to get it where you want. I get my Sailors from them. 

thewritingdesk.co.uk 

They are a B&M and official Sailor retailer. Send them an email if you like. 

do they tune your nibs too ?

#7 tinta

tinta

otthon vagyok

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2020 - 21:26

Try Pendleton Brown in the US.  He's the one who worked on four problematic Bock 060 feeds on my Kaweco 14c nibs. Excellent communicator with a great sense of humour.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14c. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14c. H-B "M" BLS (PB) *2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14c. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 1.1 mm. CI (JM) *Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14c. (factory) "H-B" *Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14c.,-0.6 mm BLS, (PB) *Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14c "M" -0.4 mm.BLS, (PB)

#8 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 23:34

> are there any other shops like Japanese shops

I guess you should post a link to this thread in the Japanese subforum.

#9 rosa_m

rosa_m

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 08:23

I'm also looking for a shop in Japan that specializes in Sailor Pens , like Tokyo Pen Shop Quill does with Pilot .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor, tuned, modified, stores, international

Sponsored Content

|