Diamine Denim

bokaba

Diamine Denim on 70 lb laser paper in Pilot Metropolitan (F).

I wanted to do a quick review of Diamine Denim, an ink that I have really enjoyed over the past few weeks. I find its wetness, saturation, and color to be superb.

post-134418-0-71047700-1581914845_thumb.jpg

Dry time: around 10 seconds, relatively slow

Saturation: very saturated

Flow: extremely wet and performs well in dry pens

Color: dark blue (somewhat like Midnight Blue with a dash of black); I would not classify it is a blue black though

Value: good for 80ml bottle

Bottle Design: substandard; small opening with relatively squat bottle, will be hard to fill when running low

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• inkstainedruth

• JulieParadise

• bokaba

For the #50shadesofbluechallenge (link to the hashtag on Instagram), a challenge over at the German PenExchange forum for July & August 2020, I inked up all my pens with all the 50+ blue inks I have. The snapshots might also be of interest to some here.

Diamine Denim is one of the inks I fell in love with when I discovered fountain pens again. At the age of 12 I started collecting fountain pens already as some other girls in my class did, but you can imagine that the pocket money I had in 1992 did not get me very far ... For 3 years almost this ink was neglected :mellow: and waited for me in the drawer, so I am not surprised to find the hue I see different from what I remember. There seems to be nothing bad with my bottle, but the nib of my Pelikan Souverän M350 has the tendency to make inks appear less vivid and a bit sticky. So ... I may need to update this thread once I get around to trying Denim again.

fpn_1595602910__2020_07_12_50sob_diamine

Now I have to go look to see if I have this ink already! If not may have to try it!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Diamine Denim was one of the inks I got when looking for a replacement for the unknown dried-up blue-black ink that was reconstituted when I went to flush out my first Esterbrook -- a little black SJ with a 1555 Gregg nib (the other ink being Noodler's Manhattan Blue -- which was a slightly better color match, but Diamine Denim gave the shading).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for showing this ink. I find the colour intriguing - a very dark blue that moves towards blue-black territory. Very nice! Chances are that I have a small 30ml bottle of it in my ink cabinet, but never got around to trying it. If so, I definitely need to fill up a pen with it.

all my fine and extra fine Sailor and Platinum (ultra extra fine, UEF) pens have been inked many times with this ink. It works.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought Denim when I visited England. I love the color, but I found the bleed through just terrible on my school's paper. I couldn't use both sides, which didn't fit well in my planner.