The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker Uk Duofold N

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vicpen123

vicpen123

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:44

I recently came across a Parker UK Duofold with an N stamped on the nib rather than a number.

I didn't buy it because the nib was in poor condition and I don't have the skills to fix it.

What does the N mean? I have searched Parker pens Penography without finding an answer.

Sponsored Content

#2 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:55

The Parker factory in England was in Newhaven,  N for Newhaven, just to round this out

Other Parker UK nibs may have different numbers

4 - Parker 17

5 - Slimfold
10 - Junior (& Victory V)
(15 - Victory)
25 - Demi and standard
35 - Senior
50 - Maxima
N - Newhaven manufacture

This is just the most basic of information, there are some dated nibs and some odd numbering that doesnt fit the pattern above, Parker for example would replace a damaged nib with anything that would work, for example I have a Parker Vacumatic that had a Duofold nib fitted by Parker and another Parker AF that has a nib without any markings other than Parker.

One minute you are driving down the road, every window open, singing along to 'I dont want to miss a thing' at top volume, the next you are driving and turning down the volume on the radio to help you see better.

#3 corniche

corniche

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:31

Hi Vicpen,

I'll add this; if you're ever fortunate enough to find one in decent condition - GRAB IT!!!!! Newhaven nibs are in a class by themselves.

Sean :)
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

CatholicsComeHome

#4 ENewton

ENewton

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,942 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 15:05

I have a Victory with the nib code 20.  It is my favorite nib of all. 

#5 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 15:21

Presumably from an earlier time to the 50s date coding, usually with more flex

One minute you are driving down the road, every window open, singing along to 'I dont want to miss a thing' at top volume, the next you are driving and turning down the volume on the radio to help you see better.

#6 ENewton

ENewton

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,942 posts

Posted 17 February 2020 - 16:26

Presumably from an earlier time to the 50s date coding, usually with more flex

Yes, the nib on my pen looks just like the one in the photograph you posted.  

Sponsored Content

|