• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karmachanic

• Noihvo

• sciumbasci

• WLSpec

Green, accountants

Is(was) that common?

I, too, grew up with purple==official, but I have no idea what accountants used.

I could see myself going through a 100 ml bottle of Eclat de Saphir... maybe (it's well behaved in my Parker 61s). Certainly not a 500 ml bottle, though.

These? Not so much.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: Well, maybe the Violet -- but not in that quantity. After all, I still have most of the contents of an 8 oz. bottle of vintage Quink Permanent Violet, even after giving some sample vials away.

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have a little blue myositis I’ve been saving as the last of the bottle. Went through the bottle too fast.

Think I’ll try it in a medium italic on HP 32 paper.

Here’s a review which shows how pretty this ink is:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/176097-j-herbin-bleu-myosotis/page-2?hl=+blue%20+myositis

Edited by adamselene

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

Is(was) that common?

I, too, grew up with purple==official, but I have no idea what accountants used.

Yes.

The rule was green is debts, or expenditures, red income.

Man that's awesome and nice to know their original colors.

Only other company besides pelikan I know that had big bottles was Noodlers. But alas, I contacted the distributor and you can no longer order larger bottles of Noodlers :-(

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg

Only other company besides pelikan I know that had big bottles was Noodlers. But alas, I contacted the distributor and you can no longer order larger bottles of Noodlers :-(

Not big, but certainly larger than normal. The Writing Desk, and Herbin have a selection of 100ml bottles, Octopus has 250ml, and Pilot 350ml.

Add lightness and simplicate.

Damn, I was hoping they were re-running the huge bottles of Lie De The, I was quite sore that I missed out on those!

Platinum 3776 - F, Pilot Decimo - F, TWSBI Vac Mini - 1.1i

J Herbin 350th Anniversary Inks

Perle Noir

Blue Myosotys

Rouge Caroubier

Vert Reseda

Violette Pensee

Also available in 10ml

https://www.stilografica.it/refills/ink-bottles/j-herbin-350th-inks-inchiostri-500-ml-650.htm

Oh, the sight of those 500 mL bottles of ink starts making me want to buy some. I must remain on the wagon through.

fpn_1569619238__street_cleaning_equipmen

Why, there's that wagon now.

literally and figuratively flooding the market? consumption for consumption. More and more, as it happens, of the same.

The vintage labels look nice.

The price ±50$ is ridiculously low for 5X100ml of ink.

The Pelikan 1L bottles are available here in Switzerland for about 26CHF = 27USD online. It is obscene.

I dare not look out how much even cheaper they are in Germany.

But i did: 18€41 aka 21$

I'll pass. Of course.

All right, if I could get a 500 mL bottle of J. Herbin ink for $27 U.S. and the 1 liter bottle of Pelikan ink for $21 I would be very sorely tempted to hop off that wagon :headsmack: .

Oh, man. Why do I even come here when I know this is going to happen... when I know that I am going to by MORE ink? I don't think I will be able to use all the ink I already have before I shed this mortal coil.

I was in that condition some years ago, and then I bought more ink! And after that someone was having a big sale and I bought even more ink! I am resisting now.

Yes.

The rule was green is debts, or expenditures, red income.

Huh? In my experience black is used for positive numbers and red for negative numbers. Well, different places, have different conventions, I suppose.

Years ago I managed to buy a one quart bottle of Noodler's Black. Subsequently Nathan announced that he was no longer producing larger bottles of his inks. I had also bought a one liter bottle of Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black ink, it came in a plastic bottle which after some months looked like it might be losing some volume to evaporation so I decanted that into a glass bottle. I have also gotten a 350 mL bottle of Pilot Black and Pilot Blue/Black ink so I'm pretty set on those staples.

Yeah, I really would still be tempted by those 1 liter bottles of Pelikan ink if they were available to me as inexpensively as they are in Germany according to nibtip, excepting Pelikan Black, of course. I'm still working on that bottle :) .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell