The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Asa Nauka Flora - Group Buy - Limited Run

asa nauka group buy

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2020 - 17:14

It's a hypothesis... Which could depend upon the local postmaster policies (reject all, accept-hold, accept-send to central...)

DHL is a private firm, possibly running their own transports...

Sponsored Content

#82 bugsydog55

bugsydog55

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2020 - 00:49

Checked the website today.  They hope to ship some day.  Didn't get an email about the extension this time.  I can't really blame him since he is powerless in the situation.  This has to be just killing a multitude of small businesses all over India.  It has to be awful for them.

#83 TitoThePencilPimp

TitoThePencilPimp

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:34

Can this be turned to an eyedropper?

#84 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,773 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:54

Can this be turned to an eyedropper?

yes

I am using mine as eyedropper only 

check the image below :

fpn_1591952073__asa_nauka.jpg

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#85 isuhas

isuhas

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2020 - 00:42

Latest reply on Whatsapp (May be automated)

Covid-19 and Shipping update

Hello, thank you for your message! 

As per new exit lockdown guidelines, we hope to resume our workshop from 16th. (Since 21st, March, we had to close down) 

Also, in the event that TN govt has announced complete lockdown till 30th June. 

Shipping within India, will start from 1st July and will be updated as shipping of your pen happpen. 

Thanks for your understanding and patience

Rgds
Subramaniam

#86 isuhas

isuhas

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2020 - 00:22

Shipping update.....Has anyone in India received their pen

Attached Images

• ASA.png

#87 isuhas

isuhas

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:41

Looks like the wait is finally over 

Attached Images

• 107695634_1758111654347872_8802010140504286571_o.jpg
  • ASA FLORA.jpg

#88 MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2020 - 17:35

Sexy image! I hope business restarts fairly soon

Link to a post about ergonomics I made: http://www.fountainp...with/?p=4179072

#89 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:34

Dear All,

International Shipping Update

Greetings from India!

Firstly, my sincere thanks to each of you for the understanding and patience.

The Flora pens are all ready since late March 2020. However, I could not ship it , due to sudden Lockdown implemented in India since March 22nd.

Update about Covid-19 situation in India :-

Here in India we are seeing a boom in Covid-19 positive cases in most states and metros. We are seeing 25,000 positive cases each day. Our government though is doing its best, still numbers are alarming and its spreading much.

We are nearing 1 million covid-19 positive cases and we are 3rd most impacted in the world, only next to USA and Brazil as on date.

India went into complete lockdown, on 22nd March, since 1st June, many states are experimenting exit lockdown process and even as we talk. In fact in June we tried to implement an Exit lockdown process, but things got out of control. So we are doing the entire exit process very cautiously now.

My city (Chennai) and state (Tamil Nadu) is second most impacted in India, after Mumbai. Though trend in last week has been encouraging. (Please pray this positive trend continues)

Air travel, Train travel, Malls, Theatres, Places of worhsip, public gathering, inter-state and intra-state, travel remains restricted still, including night curfews

Update on Production and shipping:-

As per Government of Tamil Nadu guidelines, I have been able to start my workshop since 9th of this month and production has started. This is a great news and relief for me.

I expect to start local shipping (Shipping within India) from this month end. I also expect government to enable international shipments (India Post- Registered Airmail), by August.

Here I want to mention that all my shipping happens with India Post-Registered Airmail (This is an efficient as well as very economical (approx 5 USD) for us, hence the free shipping that I can give benefit to all my international customers like yourself.

However, private couriers like DHL/UPS, who are working/operational from India, even now and are excepting documents to other countries. On evaluation, I found that availing this means and extra cost of 10 to 12 USD extra per shipment. Which is difficult for me to bear in existing pricing scheme.

Hence I request your understanding and further patience here till India Post, starts accepting international shipments.

Thanking you in advance.

Pls do ask me any queries you may have

#90 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:41

Dear All,

Indian Shipping Update

From 6th the Government Of Tamil Nadu, has further extended the lockdown till 31st July. However, this time with several relaxations.

First time, since we went into lockdown on 22nd March, I have resumed my workshop. We have begun production since yesterday.

IMP Input Reqd:-
Although courier service is barred (banned) for non-essential services, we find that some private couriers like DTDC and Delhivery are working anonymously.

I can use their facility to send out the above order between 1st August till 7th August.

There are a few challenges here. Which I wish to spell out clearly.
a) All couriers are seen to have less staff and huge pendency. Hence they are very slow. (takes upto 7 days against a normal of 2-3 days.
B) Much will also depend on the Lockdown/Zone situation at your end or address.(which only you will be aware of)

Considering the above, I will only ship with limited liability and only on your advice to ship.

Ideally, I would like to wait till this pandemic situation is reduced or see a better trend and situation. Maybe till August.

Please communicate your wish from above and give your instruction to ship or not. I will act on your reply only. (You may reply closer to date) 

Please send in your reply to asapens.in@gmail.com

Thanking you, 

#91 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:41

Mr Subramaniam, thank you very much for the update.

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#92 Subbu_ASApens

Subbu_ASApens

Vintage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:42

Looks like the wait is finally over 

Thanks Suhasji, for sharing your views and inputs incl picture here

#93 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

• 4,210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:41

Mr Subramaniam, what is the situation with shipping now that we're a third of the way into August? Have the normal channels of shipping resumed operation?
As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#94 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,983 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 13:14

https://www.indiapos...cuments/EMS.pdf

Subbu should be addressing this actually.

I am posting this just to help clarify the situation.

Pls see the order above. Pt 6 of above order is pertinent to thIs thread as registered articles are treated as letters. The much more expensive EMS service has resumed for some items. HTH.
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#95 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

• 4,210 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 13:30

@hari317 Thanks.

So, no shipping to Australia is possible at this point, as it's not listed in Annexure-1 for EMS and ITPS? Sigh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: asa nauka, group buy

Sponsored Content

|