The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker 15 / Jotter Loose Cap Workaround

parker 15 jotter loose cap cap

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 alexwi

alexwi

If you're not inside, you're outside.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 00:00

Hey!

I was tinkering today with a couple of 15's to figure out what the issue is with the loose cap they seem to be known for.

As I was screwing the thing, I noticed that if I didn't screw the section all the way into the barrel the cap would snap nicely.

This is a pen for which I tried the hot water trick (filling the cap 2 or 3 times with boiling water and leaving for 30 seconds to nudge the inner cap's plastic back into shape). While that helped quite a bit, it was still too loose to trust that if I clip the pen it won't fall off.

So I took a piece of 22 ga silver wire (22 Gauge, 1/10 sterling silver filled wire purchased from Amazon, to be exact) and made me a spacer ring.

The cap snaps nicely in place and it looks well enough not to be a noticeable hack.

Have fun...

alex

fpn_1581377939__22_ga_silver_ring.jpg

fpn_1581377948__parker_15_with_silver_ri

fpn_1581378223__parker_15_w_ring_capped.

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, 15, jotter, loose cap, cap

Sponsored Content

|