The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Great Service

580al barrel replacement service praise

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 besynes

besynes

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 00:32

Just more praise for the excellence of TWSBI service.

My 580AL has been my everyday pen for over five years with NO issues. Love it.

A while back I dropped it on the sidewalk, which cracked the barrel.

I made an email request and TWSBI sent out a replacement barrel the next day. Only charged me $4.00.

Wow.

Thanks TWSBI!!!

Sponsored Content

#2 jchch1950

jchch1950

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:45

A good after sales service is the best recommendation for a fountain pen.They had been so many brands that have close down and with them any possibility of service and spare parts.

#3 Fuzzy_Bear

Fuzzy_Bear

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:50

You have to have great service with their pens. One 580 cap, one 580 section, ECO barrel cracked. Wont buy them again.
The glory of the young is their strength; the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.

#4 drwell

drwell

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:29

I have to report great disappointment with TWSBI customer service

My TWSBI 700R came with F nib. Then I separately ordered a M nib from LarryPost here in Sydney Australia which I finally wanted to install a couple of weeks ago (when I had some spare time). When I did I noticed the black shroud of the nib protruded down below the steel circular ring. So I queried TWSBI and asked if it could be replaced because my F did not have that problem. I was told to take it apart and send a photo and was then told there was nothing wrong with it and it must be my fault I did not assemble it correctly. I told TWSBI customer service the picture I sent was how it was when I received it. Also, now I reassembled it there was no change. After some more very unhelpful correspondence with implicit criticism of me I was then told to remove an O ring. I also pointed out that since reassembling it did not write as richly and was told that was also my fault.

Considering the original situation was not my fault, all in all, the TWSBI customer experience has proven to be repeatedly very disappointing in this case. So I would not recommend them considering my initial request for replacement was simple and was supported by recent sales receipts.

#5 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:53

I have not had great service from Twsbi. I couldnt move the piston on my Eco, the supplied wrench also just turned on the nut.

Twsbi insisted that I sent the pen to them for comment before repairs were authorised and I was to pay registered mail in both directions, this would have been as much as the pen was worth. I sent the pen anyway and they said that the stuck piston was due to my using saturated ink, repair and mailing costs would be more than a new replacement pen.

One minute you are driving down the road, every window open, singing along to 'I dont want to miss a thing' at top volume, the next you are driving and turning down the volume on the radio to help you see better.

#6 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 14:49

I have to report great disappointment with TWSBI customer service

My TWSBI 700R came with F nib. Then I separately ordered a M nib from LarryPost here in Sydney Australia which I finally wanted to install a couple of weeks ago (when I had some spare time). When I did I noticed the black shroud of the nib protruded down below the steel circular ring. So I queried TWSBI and asked if it could be replaced because my F did not have that problem. I was told to take it apart and send a photo and was then told there was nothing wrong with it and it must be my fault I did not assemble it correctly. I told TWSBI customer service the picture I sent was how it was when I received it. Also, now I reassembled it there was no change. After some more very unhelpful correspondence with implicit criticism of me I was then told to remove an O ring. I also pointed out that since reassembling it did not write as richly and was told that was also my fault.

Considering the original situation was not my fault, all in all, the TWSBI customer experience has proven to be repeatedly very disappointing in this case. So I would not recommend them considering my initial request for replacement was simple and was supported by recent sales receipts.

Not that this makes up for the poor service, but I wonder if it's possible you were sent a replacement nib for a Vac-700 by mistake?  I don't have first-hand experience with this (my one TWSBI vac-filler is a Vac Mini), but I understand the Vac-700 and the Vac-700R nib units are not identical (the 700R is some kind of update to the original design).

#7 drwell

drwell

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 February 2020 - 15:01

Not that this makes up for the poor service, but I wonder if it's possible you were sent a replacement nib for a Vac-700 by mistake?  I don't have first-hand experience with this (my one TWSBI vac-filler is a Vac Mini), but I understand the Vac-700 and the Vac-700R nib units are not identical (the 700R is some kind of update to the original design).

Thanks for the suggestion.

I checked the Goulet video

https://www.youtube....h?v=L2JP6R4eUJo

and found the nib is the 700R model

Edited by drwell, 28 February 2020 - 15:02.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 580al, barrel, replacement, service, praise

Sponsored Content

|